Become a QRC Tutor
- Content expertise in one or more scientific/mathematic disciplines,
- Ability and willingness to take on QRC roles as individual tutor, Learning Assistant, and workshop or review session leader, and
- Ability to listen and support learning of Colorado College students in quantitative dimensions of their courses.
Next Round of QRC Hiring Begins Winter 2018
- Applications due 11:59 PM on January 21st, the night before the start of Block 5.
- Student interviews and tutor selection takes place in Block 5.
- Tutor training and QRC apprenticeship begins in Block 6.
1. Accomplished math/science students are encouraged to inquire about QRC employment. The QRC maintains a staff of about 50-55 peer tutors during the academic year.
2. QRC tutors need to complete and submit the QRC Employment Application Form, and then complete an interview, tutor training, and paid tutoring apprenticeship.
3. QRC tutors are hired according to Colorado College's needs for a range of expertise in the QRC. While tutors may be hired during the year, most of the tutors will be hired in Block 6.
4. To be a QRC tutor, tutors must attend Tutor Training sessions and complete an apprenticeship period.
5. Students must have I-9 & W-4 forms on record with the Financial Aid office. If students have held previous jobs on campus, their paperwork should be in place. For peer tutors serving as Learning Assistants or Individual Tutors, they will fill out a brief data sheet (2-3 minutes) on their main responsibilities in that role per block. LAs will record and submit the names of students with whom they have worked.
6. Students do not need to be Work Study eligible to be employed in the QRC, since content expertise is required for this position. QRC tutors are among the highest paid student employees on campus.
7. For more information, contact the Director of the QRC by phone (719-227-8289), email (SGetty@coloradocollege.edu), or visiting the QRC in Tutt Library.
Tutor Application Form
Please fill out your application form using the survey link below. When you submit your form, the answers are final.
Steve Getty, Ph.D.
Director, Quantitative Reasoning Center
Office 226 Tutt library
QRC Professional Tutor
Tutt Library 208
The Colorado College
14 E. Cache La Poudre
Colorado Springs, CO 80903-3294