The Selective Liberal Arts Consortium
What is SLAC?
The nine prestigious colleges which form the Selective Liberal Arts Consortium help connect outstanding liberal arts students to positions with top-notch employers across the country. Each year, SLAC offers a remote video interview cycle and two in-person recruiting days in New York City and Washington, D.C.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I apply to SLAC?
- Through SLAC, CC students have greater equity and access to high-level positions across the country. The September video interview day allows you to interview for internships and post-graduate positions without needing to purchase flights, book hotel stays, miss class, or give up a Block Break for travel.
- In-person interview days in New York City and Washington D.C. give you the opportunity to network face-to-face with employers and make connections in your industry of choice.
- Applying is easy! You can apply for SLAC positions through the Career Center’s job and internships platform, Handshake.
Who should apply to SLAC?
The majority of the opportunities offered through SLAC are full-time positions with benefits – so they’re meant for graduating seniors. Juniors and sophomores are encouraged to apply to the internships offered.
What is the timeline for the 2018-2019 cycle?
The beauty of SLAC is that there are three opportunities each year to find a job! Stay up-to-date with SLAC’s timeline for more details on application open and close dates.
The 2018-2019 timeline is below.
September Video Interview Days
|Applications open: August 20, 2018||Applications close: September 9, 2018||Video Interview Days: September 26 & 27, 2018|
New York Recruiting Day
|Applications open: October 1, 2018||Applications close: November 19, 2018||New York Recruiting Day: January 4, 2019|
Washington, D.C. Recruiting Day
|Applications open: October 1, 2018||Applications close: November 19, 2018||Washington, D.C. Recruiting Day: January 7, 2019|
How does the application process work?
- Make sure that your Handshake student profile is fully completed and up-to-date with relevant experiences.
- Once the application cycle opens, identify opportunities you're interested in by searching for "SLAC" on the Handshake "Jobs" tab.
- Before applying, make an appointment at the Career Center to review your resume and cover letter(s).
- Apply for open positions before 10pm MST on the application deadline, as many SLAC employers function on EST.
- If you are selected for an interview, you will receive an email from an employer inviting you to sign up for an interview slot on Handshake.
If you are applying to a Video Interview Day, interviews are coordinated through the Career Center using Zoom.These interviews take place at the Career Center, and no travel is required.
If you are applying to a Recruiting Day, you are responsible for arranging your own travel. Find more information about travel and lodging here.
Which employers could I interview with?
Check out SLAC’s website to see which employers are offering positions this year. This list will update with every SLAC interview cycle.
I have more questions. Who should I get in touch with?
Reach out to the Career Center anytime with questions about SLAC! You can reach us by phone or email.