Internship Funding Awards
The Summer Internship Funding Awards Program is designed with the intention to increase the ability of all Colorado College students to participate in internship opportunities many of which remain unpaid or underpaid.
Summer 2017 Internship Awards
The Career Center will once again offer summer internship funding awards. All currently enrolled Colorado College students who will return to campus for a minimum of one semester in the fall of 2017 are eligible to receive one award during their four undergraduate years.
Eligible internships must be a minimum of 6 weeks and 240 hours. If the internship is outside of the U.S., your location and travel plans must be approved. Applicants must be in good academic and disciplinary standing to be eligible. The internship must be away from the CC campus, and third-party programs are not eligible. While the internship does not need to be confirmed or accepted at the time of application, verification of the confirmed internship will be required before the award is officially secured.
The 2017 Internship Funding Application opened February 1, 2017. Completed applications must be submitted through Summit. The application will remain open until all funds are allocated. As of April 25, 2017, all funds have tentatively been allocated and we are on a waiting list. Funds will continue to be distributed as available.
Funding recipients agree to completion of:
- Professionalism Workshop prior to beginning your internship. Refer to Career Center calendar for dates and times.
- Provide a photo and basic details of your internship for the Career Center website.
- Letter establishing goals and expectations for your experience.
- Participate in small group discussions in Canvas throughout the duration of your internship.
- Complete the Summer Experience Survey in early Fall 2017.
- Review your updated resume (including your summer experience) with a Career Center staff member.
- Be available to participate in panels, programs and interviews throughout the year with advance notice.
If you have specific questions about your eligibility or this process, please contact Andrea Culp, in the Career Center.