Internship Funding Awards
The Summer Internship Funding Awards Program is designed with the intention to increase the ability of all Colorado College students to participate in internship opportunities many of which remain unpaid or underpaid.
Summer 2016 Internship Awards
It is with great excitement that the Career Center announces that Colorado College will once again be offering summer internship funding awards. All currently enrolled Colorado College students who will return to campus for a minimum of one semester in the fall of 2016 are eligible to apply. Colorado College students are eligible to receive summer internship funding one time during their CC undergraduate career.
**As we get closer to awarding all remaining funds, please be aware that we will keep all eligible applications received by April 1, 2016, on a waiting list should additional funds become available.**
Summer 2016 Application
We will begin accepting applications on February 1st, 2016.
Internships must be a minimum of 6 weeks AND 240 hours. All granted awards will be $2,500.
Internship placement does not have to be confirmed prior to applying; however, if granted funds, your confirmation letter of support from the organization is due no later than April 1, 2016. If not, you must communicate with us that you would like to reactivate your application for further consideration.
All applications must be received through the Career Center’s SUCCESS database. If your application is not uploaded and "submitted," it will not actually be received by the committee.
Funding is limited. Ensure your application is complete and compelling. The application process will remain open until funding is exhausted. Apply early to ensure consideration.
- Application (sample application).
- Itemized Budget (sample budget) - Important Note: Program fees and courses (whether at Colorado College or another institution) are NOT ELIGIBLE for funding.
- Resume (sample resume) – You are highly encouraged to review your resume with a Career Center staff member prior to submission. If the Career Center staff feels there are improvements that can be made, you will be contacted with suggestions after the application process is completed. This will not reflect on your application; however we do want your resume to be the best representation of you for future applications.
- Confirmation Letter of Support from Internship Site - If you haven’t accepted your internship yet, submit all other application materials by the deadline and note on your application when you anticipate hearing from the site. If granted funds, confirmation will be due no later than April 1, 2016.
- Letter should be addressed to the student intern and must include the site supervisor’s name and title, a description of the internship role/responsibilities, confirmation of time commitment including start and end dates, and type of support offered by the site supervisor/employer (e.g. work space, performance feedback, pay, mentoring, professional development, etc.).
- Letter must appear on employer’s letterhead or may be sent directly from the site supervisor’s work email address to the student intern, who will include the letter of support with the rest of the application materials. If your letter is received after submitting your application, email it to the Career Center with "Internship Funding Award: Confirmation Letter for YOUR NAME" in the Subject line.
5. Upload all documents in SUCCESS. (Feel free to complete and upload prior to the job opening on February 1, 2016)
6. When the job opens on February 1, 2016, apply to JOB ID: SUCCESS Job ID:15041 “Summer 2016 Internship Funding Awards” (employer: Colorado College Career Center) in SUCCESS. Be sure to SUBMIT complete application. Uploading your documents does not submit your application. Please see the SUCCESS instructions for more details.
Summer 2016 Funding Process
If awarded funds, you will be required to complete an agreement acknowledging the requirements associated with the acceptance of funding. Upon acceptance of your award, you will be enrolled in the Internship Experience Class through Canvas. Detailed descriptions of requirements as well as ongoing communication will be provided through this course. Below is a brief summary of the requirements and expectations.
Prior to your internship:
- Complete an online Internship Orientation, and pass a quiz with a sufficient score.
- All international sites must be registered and approved through the Office of International Programs (Armstrong Hall, SW corner 2nd floor).
- International students: if you are pursuing an internship within the United States, you will need to receive verification from the Office of International Programs regarding your eligibility for work authorization.
- Establish direct deposit with the college.
During your internship:
- Active participation in the Internship Experience Class through Canvas which may include: responding to reflection questions, corresponding virtually with classmates, completing a mid-point check-in or other minor expectations throughout your internship.
- Stay in close communication with the Career Center regarding any changes, challenges, or concerns regarding your internship site.
- Take and submit a minimum of 5 photos which capture your internship experience.
- Schedule a formal performance discussion with your supervisor near the conclusion of your internship, or they must complete and submit a supervisor evaluation.
After your internship:
- Submit a 2-page (minimum) reflection on your experience.
- Participate in the Internship Experience Forum to be held over Family Weekend, September 30-October 2, 2016. Specific date and time TBD.
- Be available to participate in panels, programs and interviews with advance notice.
Summer 2016 Funding Payment Plan
If a confirmation letter has been received, you have a satisfactory completion of the quiz, and all necessary approvals from the Office of International Programs (as applicable), your payment will be processed by May 15, 2016. All requirements must be completed, or other arrangements made, by October 5, 2016, in order to have fulfilled the expectations of having received the internship funding award.