“Building on the Block” to be Discussed with Students
President Jill Tiefenthaler will hold a student forum today from 3:30-5 p.m. in East Rastall Hall to discuss “Building on the Block,” which maps the college’s strategic development in the coming years. Also at the forum will be CCSGA President Isaac Green, Student Trustee Joel Begay, and the strategic planning committee chairs.
"Building on the Block” is the result of Tiefenthaler’s first and second years at CC, known as the Year of Listening and the Year of Planning. Among the top priorities that will shape CC’s strategic development in the coming years are:
- Providing additional support to realize the potential of our pioneering Block Plan.
- Building both a nationally recognized summer program and an inventive half-block program for a new generation of learners.
- Creating an innovation institute.
- Enhancing our distinctive place of learning -- our campus -- to support our engaged, globally connected academic program and embody our regional and historical identity.
- Focusing on workplace excellence to foster an organization that is as innovative and dynamic as the CC academic experience.