Colorado College is launching a series of new and diverse Half Block courses aimed at helping students explore interests, develop new skills, and enhance existing skills. The two-week program runs Jan. 6-16, 2014, with classes of varying length. Block 5 begins on Jan. 20.
While the Half Block program is not new to CC, many of the courses are. Some of these non-credit offerings are designed to build on the strong foundation of a liberal arts education and help CC students stand out as candidates and contributing members of an organization. Among such offerings are:
- GMAT, GRE, LSAT, or MCAT test preparation
- Career Choices in Health Professions
- Using Social Media to Develop Your Personal Brand and Get Hired
- The Vocab: Critical Approaches to Spoken Word Writing and Performance
- IT Skill Building
- Competent Public Speaking
The new Half Block program also includes offerings such as jewelry making, weaving, batik, bookmaking, ice skating, an etiquette dinner, and outdoor education training opportunities (some outdoor ed classes run through Jan. 19). Students may sign up for the first, second, or both weeks of Half Block. View more information here.