Creating Reserves Bib Records in Millennium
Used to create records for personal items faculty members put on Reserves.
- Click on Course Reserves.
- From main tool bar (at top of screen, left hand side) click on Options.
- On the drop down menu, click on Key a Bibliographic-Item record.
- Then click on New
- Click on Reserve bib record, then click on Select.
- For the date use today's date, and then click Next.
- Type in ALL CAPS author, and then click Next.
- Type in ALL CAPS title, and then click Next.
- Close out duplicate record box. DO NOT USE DUP RECORDS.
- For Note field type PERSONAL COPY - professor's last name or periodical. Then click Next.
- Type in Call No# starting with XMRS and course number. Then click Next.
- The Item Record Box will pop-up.
- Click on Resite for record type.
- For copy, type in the number 1.
- For Barcode wand or scan the barcode on the item.
- Type in Call No# starting with XMRS and then the Course Number. Then click Next.
- Add the note for Personal Copy - professor's name or
- Change location to XMRS in Item Record and SAVE
- Then change location in Bib record to XMRS, and SAVE.