Community Borrower (CB) with Chamber Orchestra Library Access
-Books/Scores Check-out: *3 items for 120 days
-Periodical Check-out: N/A
-DVD/Video Check-out: N/A
-DVD/Video Limit: N/A
-CD checkout: N/A
-CD Limit: N/A
-Cassettes, LPs, Reel-to-Reel: N/A
-Cassettes, LPs, Reel-to-Reel limit: N/A
-Fines: Are applied + billing
-FEE REQUIRED ($20.00)
-RENTAL AGREEMENT REQUIRED
System limits to 2 items. Music Library limit = 5 (need approval for more than 5). Need Supervisor override for more than two items.
-Video Viewing: N/A
-Computers: Academic Research Only
-Listening/viewing: in library only, subject to
-No E-mail, or Word Processing
-Printing: No charge
Entering Card in Millennium:
- Borrowers of the Chamber Orchestra Library Collection must be a member of a performing organization in Colorado. (See #13)
- Ask for Picture Id, form of current Address and the card of the Library in Colorado they are affiliated with. Please check the Directory of Colorado Library Card Participants or the Prospector alliance of libraries to confirm library affiliation. Check database for previous card.
- If not in database then click on NEW icon.
- Click on “Community: Community Borrower” for card type. Then click SELECT.
- Use tomorrow and the next year for expiration date. Then click NEXT.
- Enter Patron name: Last, First, Initial (i.e. Doe, John, M). Then click NEXT.
- Address box: First line is for street (1021 N. Cascade Avenue), second is for city, state, zip (Colorado Springs, CO 80903). Then click NEXT.
- Telephone: Obtain both home and cell, if appropriate. Then click NEXT.
- Patron barcode: get barcode from “Forms Shelf” and put on patron library card; scan the barcode. (If the barcode is a duplicate, then close the window you are in, finish with card and ask a supervisor for help). Then click NEXT.
- For the Message Box use the Initials of the Public Library they are from (i.e. PPLD, SPL, DPL, MSPL, etc). Then click NEXT.
- For E-mail address, type in address. Then Click on NEXT.
- Fill in “Notice Preference” (phone, email, print)
- Ask patron for the name of the organization/affiliation who will be using the music. Add this information in an “x-note” (see the drop-down box in the “Insert” options.) Precede name of organization with “COL” – for example, “COL-Palmer High School Band.”
- On the back of the application card, note “COL” as we do for SMF and VAS.
- SAVE the card.
- REMEMBER TO REVIEW APPLICATION CARD AND GET SIGNATURE, FILL IN EXPIRATION DATE, BARCODE #, ETC.
BEFORE CHECKING OUT TO THIS PATRON TYPE, NOTE THESE IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
All Chamber Orchestra Library users must initially complete a “Chamber Orchestra Library Rental Agreement” before checking out COL items. This agreement will be kept on file as a permanent record and will apply to all future checkouts. These forms and signed agreements are kept in a binder under the Circ Desk labeled “Chamber Orchestra/Symphony Library Procedures.”
A fee of $20 per each request (up to 5 selections) is also required.