Terms & Conditions of Use
Use of electronic resources in Tutt Library is governed by the Copyright Laws of the United States. Access to these resources is made available through a number of licenses granted to Colorado College. Violation of the terms of these licenses can result not only in the loss of your privilege to use the resources, but also the loss of Colorado College’s license rights. Please be aware of the following general rules:
- Systematic downloading and/or redistribution for commercial use is not permitted.
- Copyright notices may not be removed when copying and printing resource content.
- Proper citation must be used when incorporating resource content into scholarly work.
- Most subscription-based electronic resources can be accessed by public users on-site at the library; however, remote access is available to current students, faculty and staff only.
- Data mining without prior permission is prohibited by most vendors. Contact Diane Westerfield for more information.
When library staff, CC ITS staff, or vendors detect a possible abuse of electronic resources, library staff will work with CC ITS staff and vendors to determine the circumstances of the incident(s) and take appropriate actions. Investigations may be conducted by examining vendor records and server proxy logs, among other methods.
Questions can be directed to Diane Westerfield, Electronic Resources & Serials Librarian, email or 719-389-6661.