SciFinder is the newest version of Chemical Abstracts – and it is now browser-based! SciFinder includes all the functionality you have come to expect from the client version, SciFinder Scholar, plus some new features.
SciFinder requires that you register for an individual user account before you can use it.
If you do not have an account, access Colorado College’s User Registration for SciFinder. Please note that you must be on campus in order to register as part of the Colorado College subscription. IM (to the left!), call or email the Research Desk if you need help.
Once you have registered, you will be able to login and access SciFinder at:
Note: Once registered, you will be able to access SciFinder from off-campus. You will first be asked to log in with your TIGER number and then with your individual SciFinder account.
Recommended Web Browsers
Microsoft Internet Explorer, Version 6.0 or higher
Mozilla Firefox, Version 2.0 or higher
Safari 3.0 or higher
As with the client version, you will be able to use SciFinder Web to:
- Search chemical and scientific literature for reference, substance, an reaction information.
- Search for substances by exact match, similar structure, substructure, and stereo.
- Get related information about references, substances, or reactions.
- Export answer sets locally.
- Remove duplicates for answer sets.
- You may Save answer sets onto a server.
- You may Export answer sets as a .pdf file.
- Breadcrumbs are used as a way to find your way through a search.
- “Keep Me Posted” is an alert service you may use to keep current with new research.
- You may retain permanent links to individual answer sets.
- Circulation: (719) 389-6184
- or email circulation
- Research Desk: (719) 389-6662
- or email research
- Interlibrary Loan: (719) 389-6664
- or email ILL