Collection Development Group
Meets once a block to evaluate proposals for new electronic resources, periodical subscriptions, and major purchases (generally items exceeding $1,000), review fund status, plan collection projects, and share information. Has developed a working collection development policy. Members and collection responsibilities:
- Interim Director – Steve Lawson – Overall fund management, database contract negotiation, consortial purchases.
- Acquisitions Supervisor – Julia Drescher – processes orders for materials, selects vendors, assigns funds and maintains fund balance reports. Selects materials for current leisure reading collection.
- Archivist and Curator of Special Collections – Jessy Randall – Special Collections and Colorado College Archives, preservation issues.
- Collections Librarian – Kayla Lenkner – Collections management, including collection assessment and strategic space planning. Negotiates with book and e-book vendors and consortia. Oversees the Acquisitions Department. Handles gift donations.
- Government Documents Librarian – McKinley Sielaff – government documents.
- Electronic Resources & Serials Librarian - Diane Westerfield - orders, sets up, renews, and cancels electronic resources, serials and periodicals; assists director with budgeting in these areas; troubleshoot problems with electronic resources. Maintains usage statistics and ERM (Electronic Resources Management module), along with link resolver (database of e-journal holdings). Collaborates with Collections Librarian on collections and physical space issues.