Open Houses at Colorado College
During your college search, visiting a campus is one of the best ways to dig in to a community. Whether you eat lunch with a student, participate in a lively class discussion, marvel at our mountain views, or make connections with faculty and staff, you will walk away with a good sense of who we are. In addition to regularly-scheduled daily visits, we also offer more comprehensive, longer Open House programs that will expose you to academic and co-curricular opportunities.
Summer Visit Day
July 20-21, 2017
This Summer Open Campus event is open to rising juniors, rising seniors, and prospective transfer students. Spend two days on campus in the gorgeous Colorado summer touring the college, meeting students and faculty, and discovering our distinctive approach to the liberal arts during our Summer Session Block B. Visit the registration page.
Fall Open Houses
September 11-12, 2016 or October 9-10, 2016
High school seniors, transfer students, and their families are invited to connect with the Colorado College community at one of our Fall Open Houses.
Spend two days on campus meeting CC students, faculty, and staff. Discover our unique Block Plan—our distinctive academic program—and the benefits of a liberal arts education set in the Rocky Mountain West. Experience life at CC both in and out of the classroom and get the real scoop first-hand from students and professors.
Register for the September 11-12 program or the October 9-10 program now! Registration for the program closes one week before the event. For information on how to get to campus and planning your travel, please check the information listed in the “Travel Planning and Getting to CC” section (below).
View the schedule now for the October 9-10 program so you know what to expect during your time on campus!
We are unable to offer overnight campus accommodations to students or families for this event.
Admitted Student Open Houses
Congratulations on your acceptance to Colorado College! Admitted students are invited to our Admitted Student Open House programs at Colorado College.
Spend two days on campus meeting current and other prospective students, faculty, and staff. Discover the unique nature of the Block Plan and the benefits of a liberal arts education. Stay in a dorm room, sit in on a class, eat on campus, and get the real scoop first-hand from CC students and professors.
We will offer two opportunities for students admitted to the Class of 2021 to visit campus: April 6-7, 2017 and April 13-14, 2017.
Find out what students experienced last year by viewing the schedule for the 2016 program here!
Please note that we will have a shuttle running between the Colorado Springs Airport and the campus both days of the Open House on the following schedule:
- April 6: Shuttles run from the Colorado Springs Airport to campus starting at 11:30am on the hour, with the last shuttle running at 4:30pm.
- April 7: Shuttles run from campus to the Colorado Springs Airport starting at 12:00 noon on the hour, with the last shuttle running at 5:00pm.
- April 13: Shuttles run from the Colorado Springs Airport to campus starting at 11:30am on the hour, with the last shuttle running at 4:30pm.
- April 14: Shuttles run from campus to the Colorado Springs Airport starting at 12:00 noon on the hour, with the last shuttle running at 5:00pm.
We will also have printed schedules available for you upon check in. The schedule will also available on the Colorado College mobile app.
How to Get Here
Travel times - Colorado Springs Airport to CC Campus: 30 min. Denver International Airport to CC Campus: 90 min.
From Colorado Springs Airport -
- Exit the airport and turn right (north) on Powers (first light).
- Continue all the way to Platte, where you will need to exit right and then turn left.
- Follow Platte through the downtown area, passing a statue of General Palmer on his horse in the middle of the street
- Turn right on Cascade. CC's Worner Center will be on your left, just past Cache La Poudre Street. Parking will be marked.
- Taxi service is generally about $35 one way from the airport. You can call Yellow Cab Taxi at (719) 634-5000.
From Denver International Airport -
- Take Pena Boulevard to E-470 (about $10 toll) towards I-25 south.
- Continue south on I-25 for about an hour to Colorado Springs and exit on Uintah Street (Exit 143).
- Turn left off the exit ramp, heading east on Uintah (away from the mountains and back under the highway).
- Continue to Cascade Avenue (about two blocks) and turn right. CC's Worner Center will be on your right. Parking will be marked.
- Commercial shuttle service is also available. Colorado Springs Shuttle will take you from the airport to the Clarion Hotel (about 6 blocks south of CC) or to CC's campus directly, for $55. www.coloradoshuttle.com (877) 587-3456.
From I-25 (either direction) - Take I-25 to Uintah Street (Exit 143) and go east off the exit (away from the mountains). Continue to Cascade Avenue (about two blocks). Turn right and CC's Worner Center will be on your right. Parking will be marked.
COLORADO SPRINGS AIRPORT SHUTTLE:
From Denver International Airport: The Colorado Springs Airport shuttle runs a few times a day between DIA and Colorado Springs.
Parking is available in lots along Uintah Street, Nevada Avenue, and Cascade Avenue. Please do not park behind Packard Hall. Look for the open house parking signs. You will not need a parking permit during the Open House event.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I bring my parents?
Sure! Parents are welcome at all admission office programs; however, some activities are limited to students.
Where can we stay?
There are several hotels in the area, many within walking distance of campus. A list of hotels can be found here.
Can I stay overnight?
We are unable to offer overnight on campus accommodations to prospective students or families attending a Summer Visit Day or a Fall Open House. We do offer overnight accommodations to students attending an Admitted Student Open House.
When will I interview?
If you requested an interview, you will be assigned an interview time when you check in on campus. If you have time constraints that will limit your availability for an interview, be sure to let us know as soon as possible so we can try to accommodate you.
Can you pick me up at the airport?
Families attending a Summer Visit Day or Fall Open House should provide their own transportation to and from the airport. In addition to car rental services, there is a commercial shuttle to and from the Denver airport, and taxi service to and from the Colorado Springs airport.
Where should I park?
Parking during our programs is free and does not require a permit. Please check our Visitor Parking web page to find parking.