Experience Colorado College
Experience Colorado College: Fall Visit Scholarship Program
Our next fly-in program is scheduled for October 24 - 26, 2020 (our application will be live late April, 2020).
ECC is a visit program unlike any other. We know your college decision doesn’t just include you, which is why we are providing funding for you and a guest to visit campus (could be a parent, grandparent, older sibling, counselor, or teacher). Why be ordinary? Learn differently, one block at a time, and get ready to experience the gateway to the southwest. #americathebeautiful #pikespeak #gardenofthegods
What does ECC offer to prospective students?
During Experience Colorado College (ECC) fly-in program, prospective students will have the opportunity to
- Observe the Block Plan in action
- Tour campus
- Explore Colorado’s beauty
- Stay on campus overnight with a student host
- Interview with an Admission Fellow
- Connect with faculty and staff
- Complete the CSS Profile
- Participate in essay writing workshops
- Engage in the Affinity Conversation to explore diversity, inclusion and equity at CC
We know you have options. At CC, you’ll author your own story. You’ll discover your community. You’ll find your home. Over the weekend, you will see campus through the eyes of a student — living the Block Plan, sampling the best that Rastall has to offer, crashing at the residence halls, and engaging in a #RealTalk. And yeah, a ton more.
The program is open to high school seniors (class of 2021), gap year students or transfer students currently residing in the United States. To apply for this program, you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Self-identify as a student of color (of African American, Native American, Asian, and/or Hispanic descent)
- Eligible for the Pell Grant
- Qualify for Free/Reduced Lunch
- Are a DACA or undocumented student
- Identify as a First Generation Student (Neither of your parents obtained a bachelor degree)
*International students (including students currently residing in the United States) are ineligible to apply for ECC. For more information about international students, please click on this link.
How to Apply?
In order to complete your application, once you have submitted your application above, then submit:
- An unofficial transcript (from you or your counselor).
- Unofficial test scores (optional).
- Have your counselor submit the Eligibility Agreement Form.
The deadline to apply for our program is September 13, 2020.
Our decisions will go out on a rolling basis starting in July, 2020, so we encourage you to apply early!
Once accepted to the program, you will receive information regarding registration, flight information, and ground transportation reimbursements (if you’re driving).
Please contact our office at email@example.com with ATTN: Experience Colorado College in the subject line. Or if you have questions for current students, please reach out to our Outreach and Access Senior Ambassadors firstname.lastname@example.org, or a_vera@ColoradoCollege.edu
Sierra Takushi ‘21
Anna Sofia Vera ‘22