Colorado College offers four-year scholarships to incoming freshman at three different levels:
- Leadership Scholarship — The college awards a very limited number of four-year $40,000 scholarships, in increments of $5,000 per semester, to excellent students. The college chooses Leadership Scholars based on outstanding academic, leadership, and extracurricular achievement as determined by the credentials submitted in the application for admission to the college.
- Trustee Scholarship — The college awards a very limited number of four-year $28,000 scholarships, in increments of $3,500 per semester, to excellent students. The college chooses Trustee Scholars based on outstanding academic and extracurricular achievement as determined by the credentials submitted in the application for admission to the college.
- Presidential Scholarship — The college awards a very limited number of four-year $20,000 scholarships, in increments of $2,500 per semester, to excellent students. The college chooses Presidential Scholars based on outstanding academic and extracurricular achievement as determined by the credentials submitted in the application for admission to the college.
These Colorado College merit scholarships do not require any additional application—the admission application (Common Application, QuestBridge Application, or Coalition Application), is your scholarship application and all are reviewed for possible awards. Students are reviewed as a pool, and because the pool of applicants changes from year to year, we are unable to provide specific markers (ACT or SAT scores, GPA’s, etc) to indicate your likelihood of receiving a merit scholarship. Students who have been awarded a merit scholarship will receive news of this upon acceptance to the college.
Due to the limited number of scholarships and a highly competitive pool of students, our admission and financial aid processes do not allow for appeals concerning merit scholarships. If a student is admitted but does not receive a scholarship, there is no appeal process in place to petition to receive merit aid or increase an existing merit aid award. For more information about merit scholarships, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at (800) 260-6458 or email@example.com.
The Otis A. and Margaret T. Barnes Scholarships
The Barnes Scholarship was created to encourage talented and passionate students from the United States to focus their studies and pursue careers in math and science-related fields by covering the annual cost of tuition at Colorado College.
El Pomar Scholarship
The El Pomar Scholarship was created to encourage talented and passionate students from Colorado to pursue careers in public policy or nonprofit work by covering the annual cost of tuition and fees, standard dorm room, and meal plan at Colorado College. The scholarship provides two students in each enrolling class with a first rate liberal arts and sciences education, along with valuable hands on experiences and exposure to the foundation's work in the nonprofit sector.
Colorado College athletic scholarships are available only to students who participate in NCAA Division I sports - women's soccer and men's ice hockey. All other varsity sports at CC are NCAA Division III. NCAA regulations prohibit athletic scholarships for students participating in Division III sports. Contact the CC athletics department at (719) 389-6476 for specific information.
The following outside scholarships are not administrated by Colorado College. Please click links below for additional information.
Boettcher Scholarship — The Boettcher Foundation selects top students who are Colorado residents to receive renewable Boettcher Scholarships. The Boettcher Foundation and Colorado College provide funds equal to full tuition, and an allowance for room, board, books, and supplies. Interested individuals apply for this scholarship through the Boettcher Foundation. You may obtain specific information at the Boettcher Foundation website.
National Merit Scholarship — The National Merit Scholarship® Corporation awards three separate and distinct types of awards. The National Merit Scholarship Corporation selects the finalists and notifies Colorado College. Colorado College is not involved in the selection process.
- National Merit $2500 Scholarships - These single payment awards are given on a state to state basis. Scholarship monies originate from the National Merit Scholarship Corporation and there is no Colorado College match.
- Corporate-sponsored Merit Scholarship awards - These single payment or renewable awards are designated for recipients chosen by the sponsor. Scholarship monies originate from the sponsor and there is no Colorado College match.
- College-sponsored Merit Scholarships - These renewable scholarships are given to students who are National Merit Scholarship finalists that have indicated that Colorado College is their first choice*, and have not received one of the other National Merit awards. Awardees receive $1000 from the National Merit Scholarship Corporation, and $1000 merit match from Colorado College for a total of $2000 per year. This award is renewable for four years of undergraduate study.
*If you are a National Merit finalist, you must communicate to the National Merit Scholarship Corporation that Colorado College is your first choice college. The published deadlines for reporting a sponsor college as first choice can be viewed on page 3 of the Requirements and Instructions for Semifinalists in the 2016 National Merit Scholarship Program.
For more information, see the website at National Merit Scholarship Corporation.
Contact the Office of Financial Aid & Student Employment
Spencer Center, 1st Floor
14 E. Cache La Poudre St.
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Hours of operation:
Monday - Friday,