The Theatre Major
Theatre majors must complete a minimum of 13 units for the major:
- Six units required from Principal Courses: TH 105 Acting 1; TH 110 Fundamentals of Performance Design; TH 206 Directing; TH 303 Junior Seminar; TH 304 Advanced Performance; TH 404 Senior Thesis Project.
- Two units from Historical Perspectives: TH 220 Origins and Early Forms of Theatre; TH 221 Medieval and Renaissance Theatre; TH 222 Romantic, Commedia and Neoclassic Theatre; TH 223-Modern Theatre; TH 224-Contemporary Performance 1950-Present.
- One unit from Intercultural Perspectives: TH 200 From the Fringe to the Spotlight: an intercultural study of alternative play writing; TH 200 Performing Kabuki in English: "The medicine Peddler" a Samurai Revenge.
- One unit from Interdisciplinary Perspectives: TH 326 Performance Studies; TH 327 Feminist Performance; TH 329 Queer Performance and Body Politics
- Two units of Electives: Choose from any Theatre Course
- .25 unit Acting in a Department production: any one from TH 212, 213,214, 215 Theatre Studio Work/Acting (.25 unit each)
- .75 unit in Technical Theatre: choose from TH 101 Stagecraft (.50 unit) and/or TH 212, 213, 214, 215 Theatre Studio Work/Technical (.25 unit each)
Outstanding work will be rewarded with distinction upon graduation. Theatre majors are urged to take at least one unit in dance that will not count towards the units required for the major. Students are urged to study one or more foreign languages. Please consult the Handbook for Theatre and Dance Majors online for further clarification of the major.
This is the Department of Theatre and Dance
Browse all Departments & Programs
- Economics and Business
- Environmental Program
- Feminist and Gender Studies
- Film and Media Studies
- French, Italian, and Arabic
- Human Biology and Kinesiology
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Molecular Biology
- Organismal Biology & Ecology
- Political Science
- Southwest Studies
- Theatre and Dance
- Asian Studies
- Comparative Literature
- The Departmental Major/International Affairs Option
- East Asian Languages
- Global Health Program
- Race, Ethnicity, and Migration Studies
- Russian and Eurasian Studies
- Southwest Studies