Dance minors must complete a minimum of 6.5 units: The minor in dance consists of 5 units plus .25 unit of crew work, and one integrative project worth one unit.
- Three units of required core courses: DA 221-Choreography, DA 211-Historical Perspectives in Dance, DA 311-Cultural Perspectives in Dance
- One unit from four upper-level dance techniques: .25 in ballet at the 300-400 level, .50 in contemporary dance at the 300-400 level, .25 in African, Africana or Asian Dance Forms II.
- One unit of electives: The remaining elective unit may be chosen according to individual interests in dance theory and design courses, including DA 225-Body in Motion: Anatomy Kinesiology and Somatics, DR 218-Costume Design, DR 207-Lighting Design, DR 105-Acting I or DA special topics courses.
- One unit Integrative Project: Dance minors must also complete an approved junior or senior integrative project that is either appended to DA 303, 304 or 311 or is DA 404-Senior Thesis.
- .25 of a unit of technical theatre: DA 212–215-Theatre Studio. Technical theatre job requirements for the minor should ideally be completed before the final semester of the minor. Students will earn technical theatre credit for work done on a specific departmental production over a span of 2 blocks. Subheading indicates type of work and title of the production.
This is the Department of Theatre and Dance
Browse all Departments & Programs