Dance minors must complete a minimum of 6.5 units: The minor in dance consists of 5 units plus .25 unit of crew work, and one integrative project worth one unit.
- One unit of principal courses: DA 221-Choreography
- One unit of Intercultural Perspectives : DA 311-Cultural Perspectives in Dance or DA 211-Historical Perspectives in Dance
- One unit from at least three of the four upper-level dance technique categories: Classical Forms (Ballet, Bharata Natyam, Graham Technique). Somatic Practices (Pilates, Yoga, QiGong), Contemporary Practices (Contemporary Dance, Improvisation), Intercultural/Community-based Dance (African Dance, Hip-hip, Samba).
- Two unit of electives: The remaining elective unit may be chosen according to individual interests in dance theory and design courses, including DA 225-Body in Motion: Anatomy Kinesiology and Somatics, DR 218-Costume Design, DR 207-Lighting Design, DR 105-Acting I or DA special topics courses.
- One unit Integrative Project: Dance minors must also complete an approved junior or senior integrative project that is either appended to a 300 level Dance Theory course or is DA325-Projects in Dance
- .25 unit of Dance Repertory: DA 425/TH 214 DanSix
- .25 of a unit of technical theatre: DA 212–215-Theatre Studio. Technical theatre job requirements for the minor should ideally be completed before the final semester of the minor. Students will earn technical theatre credit for work done on a specific departmental production over a span of 2 blocks. Subheading indicates type of work and title of the production.
This is the Department of Theatre and Dance
Browse all Departments & Programs
- Economics and Business
- Environmental Program
- Feminist and Gender Studies
- Film and Media Studies
- French, Italian, and Arabic
- Human Biology and Kinesiology
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Molecular Biology
- Organismal Biology & Ecology
- Political Science
- Southwest Studies
- Theatre and Dance
- Asian Studies
- Comparative Literature
- The Departmental Major/International Affairs Option
- East Asian Languages
- Global Health Program
- Race, Ethnicity, and Migration Studies
- Russian and Eurasian Studies