What Can I Do With A SWS Major?
Southwest Studies Majors are well prepared for careers in law, medicine, journalism, urban and regional planning, public health, social work, business, policy, and academic scholarship. Southwest Studies majors build skills in critical thinking, analysis, writing and research drawn from coursework across the disciplines providing excellent preparation for practicing in the global community.
Students can also consider a Southwest Studies minor or simply enroll in Southwest Studies courses as electives. These courses provide a window to this region that will be your home during your time at Colorado College.
This is the Department of Southwest Studies
Browse all Departments & Programs
- Economics and Business
- Environmental Program
- Feminist and Gender Studies
- Film and Media Studies
- French, Italian, and Arabic
- Human Biology and Kinesiology
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Molecular Biology
- Organismal Biology & Ecology
- Political Science
- Southwest Studies
- Theatre and Dance
- Asian Studies
- Comparative Literature
- The Departmental Major/International Affairs Option
- East Asian Languages
- Global Health Program
- Race, Ethnicity, and Migration Studies
- Russian and Eurasian Studies