GIS Video Tutorials
1. Introduction to GIS tutorial series (2:23)
2. Connecting to folder (1:44)
3. Selecting data (ie., cases) (10:25) (you may want to watch #4 first)
4. Selecting features based on location (3:58) Updated!
5. Clipping roads (1:24) Updated!
6a. Downloading and cleaning Census data using Social Explorer and joining to shapefile (preferred method).
6b. Downloading and cleaning Census data using American Factfinder (9:46) (a little outdated)
7. Joining Census data to a shapefile (4:26) Updated!
9. Displaying X-Y data; geocoding addresses (1:56) Updated!
10. Displaying X-Y data; working with coordinates (11:38)
12. Overlaying two shapefiles; using dot density (2:48)
13b. Formatting map (completely in GIS) (14:11)
14. Accessing the remote desktop; Stat/Transfer (4:41)
15. Stata commands (10:56)
This is the Department of Sociology
Browse all Departments & Programs
- Economics and Business
- Environmental Program
- Feminist and Gender Studies
- Film and Media Studies
- French and Italian
- Human Biology and Kinesiology
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Molecular Biology
- Organismal Biology & Ecology
- Political Science
- Southwest Studies
- Theatre and Dance
- Asian Studies
- Comparative Literature
- The Departmental Major/International Affairs Option
- East Asian Languages
- Global Health Program
- Race, Ethnicity, and Migration Studies
- Russian and Eurasian Studies