(Download a Minoring in Mathematics Handout)
To minor in mathematics, a student must either:
Successfully complete one of the 8 designated “options for a minor in mathematics” listed below.
Successfully complete a mathematics minor designed in consultation with a department member and approved by the department. A plan for a minor must be approved by the department by the end of the 1st block of the student’s senior year.
- Statistics: MA204, (MA217 or MA218/EV228), MA220, MA313, and MA417
- Applied Variations: MA204, MA220, MA315, and two of (MA313, MA316, MA311, or MA318)
- Including the MA311 option would constitute a Mathematical Physics minor.
- Analysis Variations: MA204, MA220, MA251, MA375, and (MA315, MA376, or MA417)
- Discrete: (MA201 or MA202), MA220, MA251, MA325, and (CP222, or MA321, CS majors must select the MA321 option)
- Algebra: MA204, MA220, MA251, MA321, and MA322
- Pure: MA204, MA220, MA251, MA300, and (MA321 or MA375)
- Mathematical Biology: MA204, MA256, MA220, MA315, and (MA313 or MA316)
- Modeling: MA204, MA217, MA220, MA313, and MA315
This is the Department of Mathematics & Computer Science
Browse all Departments & Programs