Distinction in CS
To be considered for graduation with Distinction in Computer Science:
1. You must take two additional units from the list specified in the catalog.
2. You must present your CS senior project in a seminar during block 7.
3. You must submit a short letter to the department in Block 2 of your senior year requesting that you would like to be considered for distinction. Consult with your advisor before writing the letter. Request for distinction letter should be submitted along with your project proposal in Block 2.
4. The Mathematics and Computer Science faculty vote on distinction candidates near the end of the academic year. The decision to grant distinction is based on a combination of the senior project, your course grades, and your displayed commitment to learning computer science.
This is the Department of Mathematics & Computer Science
Browse all Departments & Programs
- Economics and Business
- Environmental Program
- Feminist and Gender Studies
- Film and Media Studies
- French and Italian
- Human Biology and Kinesiology
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Molecular Biology
- Organismal Biology & Ecology
- Political Science
- Southwest Studies
- Theatre and Dance
- Asian Studies
- Comparative Literature
- The Departmental Major/International Affairs Option
- East Asian Languages
- Global Health Program
- Race, Ethnicity, and Migration Studies
- Russian and Eurasian Studies