Watch Digital Storytelling from the CC Education Department and Kris' Power of the Arts course.
Teaching and Administrative Experience
- Director of Museum Education, Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center at Colorado College (2017-current)
- Assistant Chair, Education Department, Colorado College (2016)
- Interim Chair, spring semester, Education Department, Colorado College (2014)
- Lecturer at Colorado College since 1995
- Director of K-12 Programs, Education Department, Colorado College (2010-2013)
- Director, Partnership for Civic Engagement (PCE), Colorado College (Spring 2012)
- Co-Director, Partnership for Civic Engagement (PCE), Colorado College (2008-2011)
- Associate Director of Education Programs, Colorado College (2003-2010)
- Art History Teacher, Swiss Semester for Tenth Graders, Zermatt, Switzerland (Fall 2011)
- Director, College Aiding Program, Education Department Colorado College (1999-2008)
- Arts and Humanities Teacher, Grades K-5 Pioneer Elementary, Academy School District Twenty, Colorado Springs, CO (1990-1998)
- Director of Visual Art, Noteworthy Arts: developed curriculum, trained teachers and taught an after school program used in 60 schools in Los Angeles, CA (1993-1994)
- Fifth grade Teacher, Pioneer Elementary, Academy School District Twenty, Colorado Springs, CO (1989-1990)
Activities & Interests
Arts Integration, Object Based Learning, Museum and informal education, ceramics, fused glass, jewelry design, technology, children's literature
Inservices, Workshops and Conference Presentations
- 2015-2017 - Backwards Design - New Faculty Orientation
- 2015 - How to Design Goals and Build a Course Around Them - Faculty Workshop
- 2015 - Imagination Celebration Teacher Institute
- 2013 - Connecting Cultures and Communicating About Diversity Through the Arts for Teachers and Professionals. Educating Children of Color Summit.
- 2011 - Arts Mission Statement: Rationale, Development and Accountability. Eagleview Academic Arts Academy.
- 2011 - Changing Paradigms - Using the Arts to Increase Critical Thinking. Boulder Valley School District.
- 2011 - Exploring Paradigms - Integration of the Arts. Friends' School, Boulder.
- 2010 - Changing Student Paradigms. Colorado Art Education Association.
- 2008 - Digital Storytelling as an Artistic Medium. Colorado Art Education Association.
- 2008 - Choice Words: Building Relationships with Kids. CC Funquest staff.
ED206: Independent Study Practicum
ED210: Power of the Arts in Education (2004-current)
ED213: Engaging the Learner
ED370: Arts Integration: Creating Critical Thinkers and Connected Communities (1996-current)
ED403: Advanced Independent Study
ED478: Advanced Methods: Critical Pedagogies in Literacy, Curriculum and Instruction
ED490: Advanced Research
ED581: Specialized Internships (2012-current)
M.A.T., Colorado College, Elementary Education.
Masters Research Theses:
- Environmental and Installation Art in Elementary School Settings
- Let Us Fly: Schoolwide Enrichment Programs as Model for Gifted Children.
B.A., Colorado College, Psychology.
Minor: Theory and Practice of the Arts
Click here for Kris's CV
Requesting a Letter of Recommendation
Click here for guidelines on requesting a letter of recommendation from me.
Committees & Governance
- 2016-17: Strategic Planning for Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center at Colorado College (Education Committee Co-Chair)
- 2014-current: IDEA Space Advisory Board
- 2013-current: Strategic Planning Action Team: Center for Immersive Learning and Engaged Teaching
- 2004-2013: Partnership for Civic Engagement Steering Committee, including work on separate subcommittees for structure, thematic minor, Community Engaged Leadership Program, CBL course tagging, merge with Center for Service and Learning
- 2000-2011: Kappa Delta Pi, Educational Honor Society
- 2008-2009: Athletics Board
- 2005-2010: Woman's Caucus
- 2004 - current Arts Business Education Consortium (ABE), Colorado Springs
- 2007-2013 Supervisor of Secondary Art Student Teachers, Colorado College
- 2006-2012 Kappa Delta Pi Honor Society Chapter Counselor, Colorado College
- 2004-2006 Secondary Clinical Liaison, Colorado College
- 2004-2006 Coordinator of Secondary Supervisors, Colorado College
- 2005-2007 Service-Learning Leadership Board, School District Eleven, Colorado Springs
- 1998-2006 Supervisor of Elementary Student Teachers, Colorado College
- 1993-1994 Noteworthy Teacher Training Co-Director, Los Angeles, CA
National Art Education Association (NAEA)
Colorado Art Education Association (CAEA)
Association of Teacher Educators (ATE)
Colorado Association of Teacher Educators (CATE)