- Location: Mierow House 203
- Phone: ext. 6925
- Email: email@example.com
Watch Digital Storytelling from the CC Education Department and Kris' Power of the Arts course.
- Lecturer at Colorado College since 1995
- Director of K-12 Programs, Education Department, Colorado College, since 2010
- Director, Partnership for Civic Engagement, Colorado College
- Art History Teacher, Swiss Semester for Tenth Graders, Zermatt, Switzerland
- Director, College Aiding Program, Education Department Colorado College
- Arts and Humanities Teacher, Grades K-5 Pioneer Elementary, Academy School District Twenty, Colorado Springs, CO
- Director of Visual Art, Noteworthy Arts: developed curriculum, trained teachers and taught an after school program used in 60 schools in Los Angeles, CA
- Fifth grade Teacher, Pioneer Elementary, Academy School District Twenty, Colorado Springs, CO
Inservices, Workshops and Conference Presentations
- 2013 - Connecting Cultures and Communicating About Diversity Through the Arts for Teachers and Professionals. Educating Children of Color Summit.
- 2011 - Arts Mission Statement: Rationale, Development and Accountability. Eagleview Academic Arts Academy.
- Critical Thinking and Creativity
- 2011 - Changing Paradigms - Using the Arts to Increase Critical Thinking. Boulder Valley School District.
- 2011 -Exploring Paradigms - Integration of the Arts. Friends' School, Boulder.
- 2010 - Changing Student Paradigms. Colorado Art Education Association.
- 2008 - Digital Storytelling as an Artistic Medium. Colorado Art Education Association.
- 2008 - Choice Words: Building Relationships with Kids. CC Funquest staff.
ED121: Youth Empowerment
ED210: Power of the Arts in Education
ED370: Arts Integration: Creating Critical Thinkers and Connected Communities
ED400: Integrating Educational Technology
ED403: Advanced Independent Study
ED475: Content Methods for K-12 Educators - Art
ED479: Teacher Candidate Practicum
ED490: Advanced Research
ED502: Student Teaching for Secondary School Interns
ED531: Seminar for Secondary School Interns
M.A.T., Colorado College, Elementary Education.
Masters Research Theses:
- Environmental and Installation Art in Elementary School Settings
- Let Us Fly: Schoolwide Enrichment Programs as Model for Gifted Children.
B.A., Colorado College, Psychology.
Minor: Theory and Practice of the Arts
Click here for Kris's CV
This is the Department of Education
Browse all Departments & Programs
- Economics and Business
- Environmental Program
- Feminist and Gender Studies
- Film and Media Studies
- French, Italian, and Arabic
- Human Biology and Kinesiology
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Molecular Biology
- Organismal Biology & Ecology
- Political Science
- Southwest Studies
- Theatre and Dance
- Asian Studies
- Comparative Literature
- The Departmental Major/International Affairs Option
- East Asian Languages
- Race, Ethnicity, and Migration Studies
- Russian and Eurasian Studies
- Southwest Studies