New Students Apply Online!
Is your child is NEW to Colorado College's Gifted and Talented Program this year? Parents/Guardians are invited to complete one online application for each child.
Children do not need to be in a G&T or TAG program at their school to apply to our summer program.
Directions (Important - Please complete each step!):
- Parents/guardians must complete the online application for each child they wish to enroll.
- In addition to the online application, parents/guardians must print, complete, and submit along with the tuition, the Parent/Guardian Renzulli-Hartman Rating Scale within one week of completing the online application.
- Print and give this Educator Renzulli-Hartman Rating Scale to an educator that knows your child to complete & submit on behalf of him/her. This document is different from the parent questionnaire, so make sure the educator receives this form and NOT the parent form. This questionnaire must be received by our office ASAP and not later than March 6, 2015.
- Parents/Guardians may send the educator link above to the educator that knows their child via email to print, complete and submit the questionnaire to our office on behalf of their child,
- OR parents/guardians may print and give the questionnaire in paper form to the educator that knows their child to complete and submit to our office on behalf of their child.
Parents/guardians and educators may scan and email completed questionnaires to: GerriAnne.Reed@ColoradoCollege.edu.
We will confirm acceptance into the program via email by April 15th. Students that we are initially unable to place in the program by April 15th, due to our limited class size vs. the number of applications we receive, will be placed on a waiting list and the pre-paid tuition for those students will be refunded. We would then let parents know if a spot opens up, and resending tuition is all that would be needed enroll.
Due to the nature of this program and its size limit, please do not apply if you cannot commit your child to attend for the ENTIRE three-week duration.
We apologize that we are unable to accept credit cards for tuition payments (not even if you call it in). Tuition must be received in the form of a check payable to "Colorado College" or cash within one week of completing this online application. Cash payments can be accepted in person, but may not be received via USPS, or other mail courier.
Contact Gerri Anne Reed in the Education Dept. at 719-389-6330 with any questions.
Mail tuition and parent and educator questionnaires by March 6th to:
Scholarship funds are limited and our preference is to afford the opportunity to participate to as many children as possible. Consequently, full scholarship awards will be rare and will require supplemental verification of need and motivation. Because we receive more requests for financial aid than we can accommodate, we are forced to disappoint many qualified applicants. We hope you will be judicious in your response to the "Financial Statement" section of the application.
- Pre-deadline: When parents wish to pull a child's application prior to the application deadline, we will be happy to do so upon written request via email and will issue a full refund of any pre-paid tuition.
- Post-deadline: When parents wish to pull a child's application after the application deadline, a full refund of any pre-paid tuition can only be issued after another child on the waiting list can fill the place in the class roster.
2015 Gifted & Talented Summer Program Important Information
Dates: June 13 - July 1, 2016
Time: 8:30 AM to 10:45 AM, Monday through Friday (Parent drop-off is from 8:15-8:30 AM; Parent pick-up begins at 10:50 AM and runs until finished - approximately 10-15 minutes).
Location: Palmer Hall, Colorado College
Deadline to Apply: Friday March 11th (call after this date). Tuition is prepaid within one week of submitting the online application for all applicants.
All applicants are considered at the same time after the deadline, provided all documentation and tuition have been received. All prepaid tuition is refunded immediately (via mailed check) if an applicant is placed on the wait list, once rosters are decided (after April 15th).
We will confirm acceptance to the program by April 15th!
This is the Department of Education
Browse all Departments & Programs
- Economics and Business
- Environmental Program
- Feminist and Gender Studies
- Film and Media Studies
- French, Italian, and Arabic
- Human Biology and Kinesiology
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Molecular Biology
- Organismal Biology & Ecology
- Political Science
- Southwest Studies
- Theatre and Dance
- Asian Studies
- Comparative Literature
- The Departmental Major/International Affairs Option
- East Asian Languages
- Race, Ethnicity, and Migration Studies
- Russian and Eurasian Studies
- Southwest Studies