Meetings & Events
Staff Council holds regular meetings once per Block throughout the academic year, typically on the second Tuesday of the Block. Meetings are open to all staff starting at noon, and so if you're interested in a topic we will be discussing or an issue we are working on, come join us!
Meeting Dates for 2013-14
- September 10, 2013
- October 8, 2013
- November 5, 2013
- December 3, 2013
- January 28, 2014
- February 25, 2014
- April 1, 2014
- April 29, 2014
2/25/2014 at 12:00 p.m. in Armstrong Board Room
Staff Council Agenda
February 25, 2014
- Approve last meeting’s minutes
- Staff Luncheon Sessions, Aaron Cohick, 10 minutes
- Strategic Planning and Staff Council involvement
- Staff Council communication and feedback (anonymous submission form, Staff Council email, emails to distribution groups, messages to the Staff group, attendance at division meetings, etc.)
- Chad Schonewill’s list of ideas;
- Anonymous feedback about parking enforcement in the Armstrong lot;
- Other feedback?
- Follow-up on Co-Chair meetings with HR and the President
- Look into Staff Council models at other schools – how can Staff Council be stronger?
- Report on Staff Council lunches, decide who hosts the next
- Retreat follow-up, collaboration committee idea, Bethany Grubbs, 5 minutes
- Subcommittees (those without new reports are listed here)
- Listserv for Liberal Arts Staff Councils (Joseph, Nancy)
- President’s report, 10 minutes
- Human Resources report, 10 minutes
- Campus Committee reports (Budget Committee, etc.), 5 minutes
Subcommittee Reports, including action items to address, 10 minutes
- Assistance Fund/Vacation Sharing (Bethany, Lori [reporting]; also Barbara Wilson)
- Events Planning Committee (Bethany, Denise, Kathy G., Susan; also Jodi Hinz, Kelley Mathers, Lisa Brommer, Michelle Swepston)
- Staff Amenities Brochure/Website (Cindy, Nancy, Andrew)
- Vendor discounts, Perks Program, and advertising new offerings
- New Amenities site (thanks to Andrew!)
- Staff Recognition (Bethany, Cindy, Denise; also Lisa Brommer)
- Staff Training/Professional Development (Aimee, Bethany, Diane, Lori; also Lisa Brommer)
- Upcoming events (email/scheduling sessions, birdwatching lunch & learn, FMLA)
- Professional development opportunities, 10 minutes
- While the Professional Development Center is getting started, how do we offer on-campus, job-specific opportunities for staff?
- Are sufficient funds available in all departments for professional development?
- Advancement fundraising campaign, Susan, 10 minutes
- Feedback regarding asking staff to donate
- Feedback from Staff Council’s new divisional structure, 5 minutes
- Communication in representative areas with multiple departments
- Any feedback from staff areas we represent?
- Future agenda items
- Other business?
- Action Points, Bethany