The FYE Mentor Program
Don't worry – we've got your back.
Each FYE course set is equipped with an experienced student mentor trained to supplement the insights of advisors and instructors.
Hand-picked by FYE course instructors, FYE mentors offer practical, 'on-the-ground' advice about courses, student life, and the Colorado Springs area – everything you ever wanted to know but were afraid to ask.
Your FYE Mentor may ...
- Offer informal, welcome-to-college advice about the Block Plan, time management, and social life – from a student's perspective.
- Tag along on course-related excursions and events.
- Introduce you to campus activities, student committees, and Colorado Springs.
- Organize informal discussion sessions for you and your FYE classmates to talk through readings, prepare for assignments, and review for exams.
- Arrange occasional social events and FYE "reunions" throughout the year.
- Give you the lowdown on courses, the points system, and the layout of the first-year academic schedule before all-college preregistration in Block 7.