1) All-College Requirements
In order to graduate from Colorado College, during your four years here you will need to fulfill the following requirements:
- meet the established all-college requirements (see below);
- identify and complete a major;
- complete 32 units of coursework;
- maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher.
As you choose your FYE, you may want to consider whether it will help you fulfill your all-college requirements for graduation. Below you’ll find a list of all-college requirements as well as a grid that maps the all-college requirements that each FYE section meets.
 All-College Requirements – an overview
For details, see the online copy of the Course Catalog.
First-Year Experience (FYE) Seminar
- A two-block course (linked individual courses or two-block course) that you take as your first course on campus (2 units)
- The West in Time (one two-block course, 2 units)
- Global Cultures (1 unit)
- Social Inequality (1 unit)
- Scientific Investigation of the Natural World (2 units, including at least one lab or field course)
- Quantitative Reasoning (1 unit)
Courses may meet more than one designation (for example, a course may be designated both “West in Time” and “Global Cultures”) but students must choose one designation or the other, except in the case of “Quantitative Reasoning,” which may be fulfilled along with any of the other Critical Perspectives requirements. Courses of one half unit credit, and, independent study and reading courses do not count toward Critical Perspectives requirements.
Foreign Language Requirement
- Two blocks of college-level language (2 units)
First-Year Writing Portfolio
Writing Portfolios will include three samples of your writing:
- A paper from your FYE class
- A paper from a class taken in one of the six blocks following your FYE class
- An essay reflecting on the work embodied in your portfolio and your development as a writer over the course of your initial year at CC
The two class-based essays in your portfolio should amount to no fewer than 10 pages and no more than 25 pages of double-spaced text. Submit clean, stapled copies, printed on both sides. Papers with instructor comments or grades will not be accepted. Your reflective essay should run from 800 to 1000 words.
 Major Requirements
The online Course Catalog includes detailed descriptions of the majors and minors Colorado College offers. Click here for more details.
Fall 2013: All College Requirements
Winter Start 2014: All College Requirements
|Course num.||Title||WIT||G||SI||Sci.||Q||Lang (units)|