Submit a proposal
The First Mondays Event series is a campus-wide forum that aims to engage all members of the CC community. At these events, students, staff, administrators and faculty come together to hear lectures, watch performances, and engage in dialogue about the life of the mind. The goal of the events on the First Monday of Blocks 2 through 7 is to enhance opportunities for the whole community to come together for intellectual exploration, to encourage everyone to participate in the intellectual life of the college, and to facilitate a discourse among students, faculty, and staff, across courses, disciplines, and divisions. The program is coordinated by the Academic Events Committee and Blue Key Honor Society.
Proposals for First Mondays events should take into consideration the purpose of the series, and the breadth of the audience. Thus, the committee will look for the following in selecting First Mondays events:
- Topic or event is academic in nature and has interdisciplinary interest
- Topic or event has broad appeal and is accessible to a general campus audience
- Topic or event may address issues relevant today
- Topic or event has funding
The Academic Events committee, in conjunction with the Blue Key Honor Society, oversees the administration of the First Mondays events program. Departments, divisions, or student groups may submit proposals for events in blocks 2-7 of the academic year.
- Before submitting proposal, please review the online calendar to ensure that the requested date is available.
- Determine that your speaker is available on the date to be proposed, and secure funding, if needed.
- Complete the online proposal form.
- The Committee will review and respond as soon as possible.