Washburn Field Usage Policy
Consideration will be given and all efforts made to arrange and support Club Sport home games on the Colorado College campus. All use will be contingent upon facility availability with the understanding that intercollegiate athletics will take precedent in scheduling and use. In the case of the implementation of the inclement weather plan, the club sport team(s) may be required to utilize an alternative site.
In attempting to accommodate requests for the use of the Washburn Field, the following points must be honored by all Colorado College Club teams. Furthermore, each Club team bares the responsibility of sharing and enforcing these rules with their visiting opponents.
- Fire of any sort and combustible/flammable materials, i.e. barbeques, campfires, cigarettes, lighters, pipes, cigars, etc. are strictly prohibited on or around the Washburn Field;
- Metal spikes are prohibited. Only plastic or ceramic cleats are permitted;
- Motor vehicles are prohibited on the turf. Only an emergency requiring the use of an ambulance is permitted;
- Bicycles are prohibited on the turf;
- No lines are permitted to be painted on the turf. No stakes may be driven into the turf. Only cones, weighted flags and ropes may be introduced to outline the playing field;
- No training apparatuses, i.e. blocking sleds, are to be used without consent of the Colorado College athletic department;
- No dogs or pets of any kind are permitted on the turf;
- No glass bottles are permitted on the turf;
- Alcohol consumption is prohibited by players, officials and spectators while using Colorado College athletic facilities, per Pathfinder policy;
- Tobacco usage, to include smokeless tobacco products, is prohibited;
- Sunflower seeds, pistachio nuts, peanuts are not to be consumed while on the field;
The facility is expected to be left in the condition in which it was initially found – all trash picked up and disposed of appropriately; bleachers, benches and goals are expected to be returned to where they were stored.
Failure to observe these guidelines may result in revocation of the privileged use of the Washburn Field.