Dear Transfer Student:
Welcome to Colorado College! Enclosed are registration materials for the 2012-13 academic year. Let me explain your registration options.
Colorado College transfer students have two options
You may register right now for the entire academic year Blocks I-VIII and forego pre-registration with the other first-year students. This means that you register for courses as they are available. (Spaces are listed in “The Colorado College Course Schedule 2012-13” under Option A. If you choose Option A, fill out the Option A Registration Form and return it to our office as soon as possible.
You may register right now for only Blocks I and II. You are then qualified to sign up for courses that may have spaces reserved for new students. (Spaces listed in “The Colorado College Course Schedule 2012-13” under Option B.) In October, you will register with the new first-year students for the remaining 6 blocks and will have 60 points to bid for courses. Again, you would be eligible to bid for a space reserved for new students.
Option B Registration is on a first-come first–served basis for Blocks I and II, so we need your Option B Registration Form as soon as possible.
If you are an incoming first-year or sophomore, Option B is probably more advantageous for you. If you are a junior, you may be interested in upper-level courses that do not have reserved spaces anyway, so you may find Option A to your advantage. You cannot combine the two options. The list of vacancies for the courses, which is enclosed, will help you make a decision. The following is a procedure I would suggest to help you decide which option is best for you:
- After studying “The Colorado College Course Schedule 2012-13” and reviewing the booklet “Academic Advice for Entering Students,” list the courses you want for each block of the academic year.
- Check to see if there are vacancies under Option A for those courses. If there are, choose Option A and enroll now for Blocks I-VIII. List all your courses using the Option A Registration Form. These courses should be open, so you only need to list one course per block.
- If most of your choices (particularly high priority choices), have Option B spaces, register for only Blocks I and II now, and wait and enroll for Blocks III-VIII in October with points via first-year pre-registration. Complete the Option B Registration Form, listing your course preferences for Block I in order of your choice, and so on through five. Do the same for Block II. Since we normally limit classes to 25 or fewer, we may not be able to place you in your first choice course. However, you often get another chance to take that course in a later block.
- In the column marked “Grading Track” on either Registration Form, write the letter “P” (non-grade track) if you wish to be graded “S (C- or higher), CR (D+ or D), or NC (No Credit). Write the letter “G” if you wish to be graded A-B-C-D-NC (letter grade track). You may change the grading track through the first four days of any course.
- Email or print mail your Course Registration Form, Enrollment Data Form, and the Request to Withhold Directory Information to: registrar@ColoradoCollege.edu or The Registrar, The Colorado College, 14 E. Cache la Poudre, Colorado Springs,Colorado 80903 by July 15, 2012, or as soon as possible.
You will be notified of your course placement by mail in August. You will meet with your assigned faculty adviser during New Student Orientation which is August 27 - September 2. At this time, you may also change into different courses if that seems more appropriate and if space is still available.
I hope these materials will help you get a head start on your plan of study at Colorado College. If you have any questions, my office will be pleased to provide assistance. We very much look forward to having you join us.
The Colorado College