What You Need to Know
This website is intended to be a tool for you to use in your own development as staff members. We believe it will help you prepare for the year, create outstanding programs and community, and develop leadership skills and a better understanding of your role in student development. Look below for further explaination as to how becoming an RA can help you and more about the application process.
You are expected to review this website during training as well as refer to its contents throughout the year. The website is full of information that will help you forward the mission of Residential Life and Housing as well as understand how you are an essential part in supporting the academic and co-curricular mission of Colorado College. Your job is some of the most important work that is done at CC; you directly help students to become the well-rounded, responsible, educated citizens that will change the world.
We are looking forward to a fun and challenging year that will see us all grow and develop as residence hall leaders. Here we go!!!
Visit the Resources page for more information about programming and emergency procedures. Also find click on the link to HMS Judicial Online to find the area for you to submit your weekly reports to your RLC.
What’s in it for you?
The Application Process
Interested in pursuing this exciting challenge? The application process is NOW OPEN! Simply follow the steps below:
- Review the RA Job Description.
- Attend an info session. Attendance at one is required and they are offered:
- 12/10/2013 @ 8 pm, Slocum
- 12/12/2013 @ 3 pm, Loomis Lounge
- 1/27/2014 @ 7 pm, Bemis Lounge
- 2/5/2014 @12:30 pm, Mathias Lounge
- Submit your application onlineby Monday, 2/17/2014 at 4 pm.
- Tip: Use the Application Prep Sheet to write your answers in a word processor (Word, Pages, etc.), then cut & paste into the application.
- Email your resume or CV to Rebecca.PylesMunoz@ColoradoCollege.edu by the application deadline.
- At least two references are required. First, ask if they are willing to provide you a reference, then provide them a link to the form (these must be done electronically). References are required from:
- Your current RA
- A CC faculty or staff member
- An optional third reference from a previous supervisor or adviser will be accepted.
- Attend one info session (offerings listed above).
- Application deadline: Monday, 2/17/2014
- Group Interview Process: Saturday, 3/1/2014
- Individual Interviews: Monday - Friday, 3/3-7/2014 (one, half-hour interview during this week)
- Offers made: Wednesday, 3/12/2014
- Acceptance Deadline: Monday, 3/24/2014 @ 4 pm
- 2014-2015 Staff Inservice: Tuesday, 4/1/2014 @ 6 pm