What’s in it for you?
Working as an RA is a smart way to equip you with valuable skills and experience while working as part of a dynamic, diverse team. Employers and graduate programs are looking for people with a strong collegiate experience – both in and out of the classroom. Being an RA can give you a significant advantage in a competitive job market. You will receive extensive training in leadership, communication, project management, and crisis response. You will be entrusted with a great deal of responsibility and challenged in significant ways. Your supervising RLC will also work with you to help market these skills as you prepare to apply for your internships, jobs, or graduate school.
The Application Process
Interested in pursuing this exciting challenge? The application process is NOW OPEN! Simply follow the steps below:
- Review the RA Job Description.
- Attend an info session. Attendance at one is required and they are offered:
- 12/10/2013 @ 8 pm, Slocum
- 12/12/2013 @ 3 pm, Loomis Lounge
- 1/27/2014 @ 7 pm, Bemis Lounge
- 2/5/2014 @12:30 pm, Mathias Lounge
- Submit your application onlineby Monday, 2/17/2014 at 4 pm.
- Tip: Use the Application Prep Sheet to write your answers in a word processor (Word, Pages, etc.), then cut & paste into the application.
- Email your resume or CV to Rebecca.PylesMunoz@ColoradoCollege.edu by the application deadline.
- At least two references are required. First, ask if they are willing to provide you a reference, then provide them a link to the form (these must be done electronically). References are required from:
- Your current RA
- A CC faculty or staff member
- An optional third reference from a previous supervisor or adviser will be accepted.
- Attend one info session (offerings listed above).
- Application deadline: Monday, 2/17/2014
- Group Interview Process: Saturday, 3/1/2014
- Individual Interviews: Monday - Friday, 3/3-7/2014 (one, half-hour interview during this week)
- Offers made: Wednesday, 3/12/2014
- Acceptance Deadline: Monday, 3/24/2014 @ 4 pm
- 2014-2015 Staff Inservice: Tuesday, 4/1/2014 @ 6 pm