Skip to main content area Skip to institutional navigation Skip to sub-navigation

Mathias Hall


Mathias Hall was named after Henry Edwin Mathias, a professor of geology and an administrator who served the college in many different offices from 1927-1966.

Mathias houses approximately 294 first and second year students. It is home to the Living Learning Community as well as other themed areas. Mathias was renovated in 2010 and has great facilities, such as a theater-style TV lounge, sound-proof music practice room, and an outside bicycle storage area.

The “Local Goods” convenience store and the basketball and sand volleyball courts right outside Mathias draw students from all over campus.

MATHIAS HALL
BUILDING
AMENITIES
123 Uintah Street
Kitchen
Yes
East Campus
Laundry
Yes
Type: Traditional
Lounge
Yes; Piano, Fireplace,
Flat-Screen TV, Study Booths
Theme: Global, Grassroots
          Organizing, Local,
          Spirit of Non-Violence
Wireless
Yes
Halls: Substance-Free
Game Room
Yes; Pool Table, Foosball Table
First-Year & Sophomores: 296 
Thermostat
Heat Only
Resident Advisors: 12
Carpet
No
Residential Living
Coordinator: 1
Bike Rack
Yes; Additional Bike Shed
Floor Plans: First; Second
Key Type
Exterior: Swipe Card; Interior: Key
Floor Plans: Third, Fourth
Other
Classroom, Music Room, Theater Space,
Local Goods Convenience Store