Skip to main content area Skip to institutional navigation Skip to sub-navigation

Ticknor House


Ticknor House was built in 1897 and houses 35 co-ed upper-class residents. On the National Register of Historic Buildings, Ticknor House is a much favored residential accommodation. It has a large central living room with fireplace, a piano room, and kitchen. It was named in honor of Miss Anna Ticknor, a dear friend of the donor, Mrs. Elizabeth Cheney Kaufman. The building is constructed of Ute Pass sandstone in classic Renaissance style. The hall originally contained a dining room, kitchen, servant's room, a large cold storage room, a bicycle stable, and an infirmary. The Campus Safety parking office and Bon Appétit, the campus food service provider, are located in the lower level of Ticknor.

TICKNOR HOUSE
BUILDING AMENITIES
926 North Cascade Ave
Kitchen Yes
West Campus Laundry Yes
Type: Old Town
Lounge
Yes; Piano Room, Fireplace, Flat-Screen TV
Theme: None
Wireless Yes
Upperclassmen: 35
Game Room No
Resident Advisors: 1 Thermostat Heat Only
Residential Living Coordinator: 1 Carpet No
Floor Plans: Basement; First
Bike Rack Yes
Floor Plans: Second; Third Key Type Exterior: Swipe Card; Interior: Key
Listed in National Register
of Historic Places
Other
Location of Bon AppÉtit and
Campus Safety Parking Offices