Skip to main content area Skip to institutional navigation Skip to sub-navigation

Jackson House


Jackson House is a three-story residence house with singles, doubles, and triple rooms. It has two living rooms, one with a fireplace, and a kitchen. The house is named for William Sharpless Jackson, husband of Helen Hunt Jackson (the author of Ramona) and trustee of the college. In 1914, Jackson House was purchased by Judson M. Bemis, refurbished, and donated to the college. It is a co-ed, upper-class residence that is a highly desirable and sought after location in which to live. Jackson was renovated in 2003.

JACKSON HOUSE
BUILDING AMENITIES
1029 North Nevada Ave
Kitchen Yes
East Campus Laundry Yes
Type: Small House
Lounge
Yes; Piano, Fireplace, Bean Bags,
Couches, Flat-Screen TV
Theme: None
Wireless Yes
Upperclassmen: 30
Game Room Yes; Pool Table
Resident Advisors: 1 Thermostat Yes
Residential Living Coordinator: 1 Carpet 1st and 3rd Floor Rooms
Floor Plans: Basement; First
Bike Rack Yes
Floor Plans: Second; Third Key Type Exterior: Swipe Card; Interior: Key