The following are guidelines internal to the ITS: division. The intent is to clarify guidelines for pcard use in common areas while traveling (how much is okay to spend on meals, lodging, etc.)
Please note that there may be exceptions – this document outlines the norms. If you have any questions, ask one of the directors.
See also: ITS Pcard reconciliation procedures and Pcard general policies and procedures
Anything outside these limits needs to be approved by your supervisor
- $60 / day for meals (including tip, tax if it can’t be taken off, etc.)
- $150 / night for lodging.
- $50 / day for ground transportation (including parking).
Other general guidelines
- Tip according to your judgment, not to exceed 20%.
- When traveling, all expenses which are not meals, lodging, or transportation must be approved by your supervisor.
- You may purchase a small amount of alcohol with meals as long as you stay within the dollar limit for meals.
- To clarify: think 1 beer or 1 glass of wine with dinner.
- Be a good steward of college resources and keep your travel expenses as low as you reasonably can.
- Travel expenses are only the for the employee – others must pay their own way.
Failure to follow these guidelines will be documented in the annual performance evaluation, and
consequences will be determined on a case by case basis. These may include:
- Reimbursing the college for amounts over the limits.
- Denied PDP requests in the future.
- Loss of PCard privileges.
- Termination of employment (if the violation is egregious and/or repeated).