HR Mission and Initiatives
The Colorado College Department of Human Resources is committed to fostering a campus community of performance excellence and inclusiveness by providing high quality service and leadership. We are strategic and responsive in meaningful ways that support the college’s core mission of providing the finest liberal arts education in the country. As knowledgeable Human Resources professionals, we are passionate about delivering exceptional and customer-focused service, and fostering the college’s core values of respect, diversity, accountability and opportunity.
We aspire to be a model of excellence and leadership in human resources, emphasizing strategic and progressive HR practices, excellent customer focused service, employee growth and enrichment, and community.
Our Values and Guiding Principles
- We value our employees and strive to be respectful to their concerns, responsive to their needs and committed to their success.
- We are committed to maintaining the highest ethical and professional standards in our service to the college.
- We will actively foster a campus culture that engages our employees to welcome, respect, and appreciate the unique perspectives that each of us offer.
- We value excellence, innovation, creativity, and continuous learning and improvement.
- We value teamwork and honest communication in our interactions with others.
2012 – 2013 Human Resources Initiatives
- Performance Excellence - Feedback is being received on the 2012 staff evaluation process. HR will provide recommendations for enhancements to the process to the President and
- Talent Acquisition - Interviews have been completed for the Talent Acquisition Manager position. Work continues on talent acquisition processes along with recruitment support materials for hiring supervisors and search committees.
- Onboarding - HR will be working with Staff Council to develop a CC Ambassador program to assist new staff in their transition to CC. The quarterly event, Thriving at CC, will continue in 2013-14.
- Staff Handbook - Roll out of the staff handbook will occur with the roll out of the college's policies.
- Compensation Program - HR will be doing educational sessions in 2013-14 to ensure awareness and understanding of the CC compensation system.
- Professional Development - The focus for this year will be on supervisory training and development.
- Title IX – Antidiscrimination - The Title IX Coordinator and HR are working together to review policy and procedures.
- Wellness Programming - We will be partnering with Cigna this year to provide wellness programming including biometric screenings and health risk assessments. The Wellness Champions will continue to sponsor wellness events.
- Employee Appreciate and Recognition - We will be rolling out a new schedule of events for 2013-2014 with a focus on recognizing staff for their years of service on a quarterly basis.
- Employee Engagement and Satisfaction survey - Division leaders are meeting with our survey partner, Modern Think, to review and discuss their survey results. College leadership is meeting to determine priorities and next steps.
Phone: (719) 389-6421
Fax: (719) 389-6926
Spencer Center, Suite 301
830 N. Tejon St.
Monday - Friday, 8:30 - 5:00
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Colorado College welcomes all members of its community and reaffirms its commitment not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, gender identity, gender expression, disability, or sexual orientation in its educational programs and activities or employment practices.