HR Mission and Initiatives
The Colorado College Department of Human Resources is committed to fostering a campus community of performance excellence and inclusiveness by providing high quality service and leadership. We are strategic and responsive in meaningful ways that support the college’s core mission of providing the finest liberal arts education in the country. As knowledgeable Human Resources professionals, we are passionate about delivering exceptional and customer-focused service, and fostering the college’s core values of respect, diversity, accountability and opportunity.
We aspire to be a model of excellence and leadership in human resources, emphasizing strategic and progressive HR practices, excellent customer focused service, employee growth and enrichment, and community.
Our Values and Guiding Principles
- We value our employees and strive to be respectful to their concerns, responsive to their needs and committed to their success.
- We are committed to maintaining the highest ethical and professional standards in our service to the college.
- We will actively foster a campus culture that engages our employees to welcome, respect, and appreciate the unique perspectives that each of us offer.
- We value excellence, innovation, creativity, and continuous learning and improvement.
- We value teamwork and honest communication in our interactions with others.
2012 – 2013 Human Resources Initiatives
- Performance Excellence - A new staff evaluation form and process is in place. Educational sessions have been held for staff and supervisors on goal setting and completing the annual evaluation. Salary increases for 2013 will be based on completion of goals and core competencies. Annual staff evaluations are due to the HR office by April 30.
- Talent Acquisition - Tracey Branch has been hired as the new Talent Acquisition Manager and will begin at CC on May 1. Work continues to review and revise recruitment processes.
- Onboarding - The next "Thriving at CC" is scheduled for May 7th. This event will include time for the campus to meet staff hired since January. Plans to enhance the college's "mentoring" program are being developed as are other stragegies to welcome and acclimate new employees to CC.
- Staff Handbook - The updated staff handbook is being reviewed by HR in partnership with Staff Council chairs. We anticipate posting it by mid-May.
- Compensation Program - Signficant work has been completed on market and compression analysis. HR's analysis has been submitted to the President.
- Professional Development - Educational and wellness events are posted on the HR website under Professional Development and Benefits/Wellness State of Mind.
- Title IX – Antidiscrimination - The 2012-2013 Grievance Panel recently completed an extensive training on their role in Title IX concerns. The Title IX Coordinator, SARC, and HR are working together to review policy and procedures.
- Wellness Programming - The Wellness Champions Team is hosting various wellness events and recently participated in the wellness fair at the new Fitness Center. Events are posted on the Professional Development page and on the Benefits/Wellness State of Mind page.
- Employee Appreciate and Recognition - HR is partnering with Staff Council to prepare a schedule of staff events for 2013. The next event is the Year End Celebration scheduled for May 21st. Sky Sox event will be held in July. Stay tuned for more fun!
- Employee Engagement and Satisfaction survey - The Your Voice, Your CC survey is up and available to staff. Closing date to complete is April 10th.
Phone: (719) 389-6421
Fax: (719) 389-6926
Spencer Center, Suite 301
830 N. Tejon St.
Monday - Friday, 8:30 - 5:00
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Colorado College welcomes all members of its community and reaffirms its commitment not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, gender identity, gender expression, disability, or sexual orientation in its educational programs and activities or employment practices.