Map a Network Printer in Windows 7
- Click on the "Start Menu."
- In the search box, type "cmd."
- Click on "cmd" when it appears in the search windows above.
- In the command prompt, type, "start," then the the server and name of the printer you want to add in the following format: start \\servername.coloradocollege.edu\printername
(ex. start \\print.coloradocollege.edu\bar2w-color)
- Hit, "Enter," on your keyboard to process the command.
- Wait for the system to add your printer. You may be asked for a username and password, depending on your settings. If you are asked for one, use your regular Colorado College username. Put your username in like this example: ColoradoCollege\username. Make sure you check the box that says "Remember credentials" like the picture below:
- Your printer is now installed! You can click on, "Devices and Printers," in the start menu to make sure that it's working.