Map a Network Drive in Windows 7
- Click on the "Start Menu."
- Right click on "Computer."
- Click on "Map Network Drive."
- Select a Drive Letter that's not already in use from the dropdown menu.
- Type the address of the server and the share in "Folder". The format is \\server\share, so to accress the shared folder "temp" on the server "fileserver1", you would use \\fileserver1\temp.
- Check "Reconnect at logon" to automatically reconnect.
- You can find the mapped drive under "Computer"
List of commonly used drives
Personal network drive (H)
- Faculty: \\fileserver1\username
- Staff: \\admin1\username
- Student: \\fileserver1.coloradocollege.edu\students\username
Department or Office shared network drive (I)
- Faculty: \\fileserver1\department
- Staff: \\admin1\department
- All: \\fileserver1\temp
- Please note that this drive is wiped once per block and is not meant for long term or safe data storage.
Chat with us online or leave us a message.