Home Support Referrals
The Help Desk recommends the individuals or businesses below, each related to CC, for support on home or personal computers. Note, however, that the Help Desk is not liable for any work (or damage) done by them and does not warranty any of their repairs.
People who work at CC and contract out for home support on the side
David White, David.White@ColoradoCollege.edu
- (David White works full-time on the Help Desk as the Help Desk Manager. Graduated from Sonoma State University with a Bachelors in Computer Science. A+ and Network+ Certified) He supports all hardware and software setups and troubleshooting. He is fluent in the following operating systems: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP Home or Professional/Vista and Windows 7 as well as OSX. Rate is $50 hour (with 1 hour minimum charge for an appointment). If I can’t repair it, you don’t pay. Call or email for an appointment:
E-mail: David.White@ColoradoCollege.edu Or call at x6901.
Gerald Mondragon, gmondragon@ColoradoCollege.edu
- (Gerald Mondragon works full-time on the Help Desk as a Senior PC Support Specialist.) He supports all hardware and software setups and troubleshooting. He is fluent in the following operating systems: OS X & OS 9 all versions for Macintosh and Windows 98/ME/2000/XP Home or Professional. Rate is $75 hour (with 1 hour minimum charge for an appointment). If I can’t repair it, you don’t pay. Contact via email is as follows: gmondragon@ColoradoCollege.edu.
Joseph Sharman, 970-778-7581, email@example.com
- (Joseph Sharman works at CC full-time as a Systems Administrator.) I support Windows and Macs, home network setups, virus and spyware removal, and most other computer-related issues. My rate is $75/hour with a minimum $50 charge per visit. Please call or email me for help, and thank you!
Tulio Wolford, 391-7133
- (Tulio Wolford works full-time on the Help Desk.) All hardware and software setups and troubleshooting. I am fluent in the following operating systems: Windows 95/98/ME/XP/2000 and NT4. $75 hour (with 1 hour minimum charge for an appointment). If I can’t repair it, you don’t pay. Phone number: 391-7133, or email twolford@ColoradoCollege.edu.
David Ziemba 338-6505
- (David Ziemba works at CC full time as a Network Engineer). I can fix most any computer or peripheral problems of the PC, Mac or Linux computer; hardware or software, wired and secure wireless networking, data management (backup, recovery, and migration), and technical training. I can also configure secure remote access to your home computer(s), and to your business computer(s) anywhere in the world. I also provide immediate remote support for an ASAP fix. Viruses, spyware, malware? I can scan for, clean, and provide freeware programs to prevent further contamination(s). Chances are, if you’re having any sort of computer problem, or need a cool solution to a technical dilemma, I can make it happen. I charge $60/hour billed in 30-minute increments. If I cannot find a solution, and remedy the problem, there is no charge to you. I’m available on the evenings and throughout the weekends. Please call 338-6505 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Businesses Offering Discounted Rates to CC Faculty, Staff and Students
Voelker Research – An exclusively Macintosh service center, located at the corner of Union and Academy 528-5596.
MacSuperstore – MacSuperstore is a local, Authorized Apple Reseller and Authorized Apple Service Center, offering warranty and out of warranty repairs for your Mac computer. Colorado College Students, Faculty, Administrators and Staff members will receive Service Center discounts of 10% on out of warranty labor charges. MacSuperstore also honors education discounts on hardware purchases, in store.
Visit MacSuperstore at the First & Main Town Center (North Powers, next to JCPenny), or call (719) 434-4770 for more information. MacSuperstore, 3646 New Center Point, Colorado Springs, CO 80922. Hours: Monday through Saturday 9 AM to 8 PM, closed on Sundays.
If you have any questions or comments about these referrals, please contact the Help Desk at 389-6449.