First Year Writing Portfolio
Portfolios can be submitted in hard copy to the Writing Center any time after the beginning of Block 4. Final submission deadline is the fourth Wednesday of Block 4, December 18. The portfolio should contain three samples of your writing:
- A paper from your FYE class
- A paper from a class taken in one of the six blocks following your FYE Class
- An essay reflecting on the work embodied in your portfolio and your development as a writer over the course of your initial year at CC.
- Sign into the Ideal Logic site and submit your portfolio. Click on Dashboard, and then click + New Writing Portfolio in the upper right corner. Click on yourself then hit "select" just to the left of your name. Then click 'next, student" lower right. Upload your reflective essay and then click to the next page to upload your FYE paper, and then the next page to upload your non-FYE paper. The last page asks you to review your portfolio, then click the submit writing portfolio and you are done! Please contact the Writing Center if you have any problems - this site is new!
Here are some useful links to help you compile your First Year Portfolio:
- Portfolio Info Gab
- Portfolio Assignment Sheet
- Porfolio Tip Sheet
- Portfolio Keeping "The Reflective Essay"
- Portfolio folder text
- Transfer Students
- List of Writing Intensive, Writing in a Discipline and Writing Enhancement courses offered during Blocks I-VIII, 2013-2014
- Top Twenty Errors in Writing