LA Program Objectives
Objectives of the Learning Assistant program at Colorado College:
- To deepen the connection between classroom instruction and academic support services.
- To provide math/science students with opportunities to be mentored by faculty.
- To establish a mechanism to attract quality students into the teaching profession.
- To establish a tutoring program through the QRC that has several levels of commitment, expectations, and rewards.
- To enable students to review and strengthen their understanding of course content and concepts.