Weddings and Unions
Costs of renting the Chapel:
- Persons with CC affiliation (bride/groom/parents are alumni, current student, or current employee): $200.00.
- Persons without CC affiliation:$800.00 ($200 deposit within 2 weeks of booking, remainder due 2 months before wedding)
- Total seating is 987; main lower section seats about 600. The aisle is 110 feet long. The carved wood altar table is 93 inches long". The Pilgrim (side) Chapel seats about 49 people.
- The building is open 7 days a week from 7 am to 10 pm; potential wedding parties are welcome to view it at any time.
- Total time provided for each wedding is 4 hours (3 hours on the day of the wedding and 1 hour for the rehearsal).
- Weddings are usually held on Saturdays during the day and early evening. Other days of the week are possible. Each wedding is allowed 3 hours (1 1/2 hour before the "start of the ceremony" and 1 1/2 hour after the start of the ceremony).
- Wedding rehearsals are usually held on the day before the wedding. They are 1 hour long.
Chapel support available:
- Sound system with microphones and CD/tape player
- Chancel platform furniture: table, lectern, chairs, grand piano, unity candle floor stand
- 7-candle candelabra with dripless candles available for rent at $30 per pair
- Help of a Chapel Assistant with lighting, procession timing, and other physical arrangements
- Wedding party supplies own presider or clergy
- Wedding party supplies own musicians, photographer, florist
- Use of pipe organ must be arranged with the College Organist, Frank Shelton