The Community Kitchen serves a hot meal and has two Skill Shares each Sunday. Skill Shares are a new experiment for us, but will tend to center on activities related to Arts for Social Change or Sustainability. You can come to volunteer for the Sunday Meal or simply participate in Skill Share.
How to Register to Volunteer at the Community Kitchen
1. Follow this link to access our online registration database SUMMIT.
2. Click "Start New Registration; Community Kitchen".
3. Select which date(s) and time(s) you'd like to volunteer, and click "Add to Registration".
4. Follow instructions for providing participant information.
5. Submit registration.
NOTE: If this is your first time using our SUMMIT system, you will need to create an account and provide a valid email address. Please follow the steps for account registration to create your account.
- bulk coffee
- bulk paper plates
- newsprint sketch pads
- dry medium art supplies (no paint, no oil pastels0
Volunteer huddle times:
- 9:00 AM—Help set up tents, tables and chairs, and unload the food delivery van. Help prepare a hot Sunday Meal by making salads, arranging pastries, etc.
- 1:00 PM—Help set up the serving line and help serve food [serving starts at 1:30 PM]
This month’s Skill Share—River Songs and an Introduction to Community Storytelling-- is in Arts for Social Change. It will be held Sept. 8, 15, & 22.
- 11AM River Songs— individual story maps.
- 2:30 PM Introduction to Community Storytelling—sifting through collective narratives.