Writing a Cover Letter
Cover Letters are another important part of impressing an employer and creating your personal brand. The best way to entice an employer to read your resume is to write a cover letter that highlights specific reasons why you would be a good fit for the position and/or company.
As you draft your letters, keep the company and job description at the forefront of your mind. Make sure you emphasize examples of your experience in your cover letter which show the skills the company is looking for in their next hire.
The Career Center can help with all of your cover letter needs and questions whether that is creating your first letter or targeting the newest opportunity. There are a few ways we can help:
- “How-to” Guide for cover letters will help you fine tune many of the typical formatting questions
- CareerBeam offers great information and letter building tools to help you get started
- Our online resume and cover letter workshop will lead you through the process
- Our online cover letter review makes it easy to have someone look over your resume when you are not able to make an appointment
- Stop by for walk-in hours when you are hoping for a quick review or question. Call 719.389.6893 or stop by for specific times and availability.
- AND you can always schedule an appointment that works for you.
If you need more help…
The Career Center also offers individual appointments if you need additional support in preparing your application materials. Call to schedule an appointment.