Adam F. Press Fitness Center
Welcome to the Adam F. Press Fitness Center.
Our goal is to provide a safe, healthy, diverse and invigorating workout experience for members of the Colorado College community. The Fitness Center features:
- The 3,500-square-foot Smith Cardio Center with more than 50 pieces of cardiovascular equipment, including treadmills, ellipticals, AMTs, stationary bikes, rowing machines, summit trainers and stair climbers.
- A 4,500-square-foot strength training room featuring Olympic lifting racks, dumbbells, 12 pieces of selectorized strength-training equipment, additional cardiovascular equipment, a dedicated TRX training area and spaces for medicine balls, exercise balls and flexibility training.
- The 1,000-square-foot Louis Multipurpose Room, a group exercise studio for yoga and other fitness classes.
- A full-sized (94’ X 50’) recreational gym for open basketball and volleyball, intramurals and varsity sports.
- The 27-foot high Ritt Kellogg Climbing Gym, featuring 3,500 square feet of climbing surface, 24 rope stations, bouldering caves, natural cracks and a chimney/off-width area.
- One squash court and one convertible squash/racquetball court.
- Seven locker rooms, including men’s and women’s faculty/staff locker rooms, men’s and women’s student locker rooms, auxiliary locker rooms and a single-use locker room.
For additional information regarding Fitness Center policies, please use the following links:
Who has access to the Adam F. Press Fitness Center?
|Full-Time & Part-Time Undergraduate & Grad Students||Free of charge. Must have valid iCLASS Gold Card.|
|Parents of Current Students||Free of charge. Must be accompanied by student.|
|Other Student Guests||Daily-Use Pass - $10/day, 1 guest/day and the transaction must take place at the Worner Campus Desk. The guest must be accompanied by student.|
|Full-Time and Retired Faculty/Staff||Free of charge. Must have valid iCLASS Gold Card.|
|Full-time and Retired Faculty/Staff immediate family*||Free of charge. Must have valid iCLASS Gold Card.|
|Visiting, Part-Time and Temporary Faculty & Staff||Free of charge. Must have valid iCLASS Gold Card. (Valid during the dates of employment.)|
|Other Full-Time and Retired Faculty/Staff Guests||Daily-Use Pass - $10/day, 1 guest/day and the transaction must take place at the Worner Campus Desk. The guest must be accompanied by faculty/staff member.|
|Board of Trustees Members||Free of charge. Must have valid iCLASS Gold Card.|
|Contracted Full-Time Staff (e.g., Sodexho, Bon Appetit, Bookstore, Boettcher)||Free of charge. Must have valid iCLASS Gold Card.|
|First-Year Alumni||Free until July 1 following date of graduation. After that, a fee of $240 for one year. Must
have valid iCLASS Gold Card - or - Daily-Use Pass - $10/day and the transaction must take place at the Worner Campus Desk.
|All Other Alumni||Fee of $480/yr.** Must have valid iCLASS Gold Card - or - Daily-Use Pass - $10/day and the transaction must take place at the Worner Campus Desk.|
*Immediate family is defined as spouse/domestic partner. A dependent is defined as any child that you are legally able to claim on your income tax form as a dependent up to the age of 26 or a child of your domestic partner up to the age of 26. Dependents must be at least 16 years of age to use the Fitness Center.
** Fee provides access from July 1-June 30. Membership can be prorated ($20/month for $240 level or $40/month for $480 level) for transactions that occur after the 1st of each month.
Fitness Center Use Policies
- Access to the Fitness Center is by valid iCLASS Gold Card or day pass only. Day passes are available to patron guests and Colorado College alumni only and can be purchased at the Worner Campus Desk.
- Guests using the day pass or parents of current Colorado College students must be accompanied by a CC student or employee.
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted to use the Fitness Center except during specially designated events.
- Drugs and/or alcohol are not permitted. Patrons who are under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs while using the Fitness Center will have their privileges suspended or revoked.
- Appropriate workout attire (shirts and shorts or pants) is required. Neither open-toed shoes or sandals are permitted to be worn while working out.
- Backpacks are to be secured in lockers and are not allowed in the exercise areas.
- Animals are not allowed in the building unless they are assisting patrons with disabilities.
- During peak hours, cardiovascular equipment use is limited to 30 minutes.
- Skateboards, bicycles and scooters are to be stored in the designated areas.
- Strength and/or fitness equipment may not be removed from the Fitness Center.
- Glass or other breakable containers/bottles are not permitted.
- Patrons are asked to wipe down cardio and strength equipment after use.
- Emergency exits are to be used for emergencies only. Anyone who arranges unauthorized access to the Fitness Center (e.g.: opening exit or other secure doors or providing false identification/information to allow unauthorized access) will have their privileges suspended or revoked.
- Use of the Fitness Center is a privilege granted to members of the Colorado College community. It is expected that Fitness Center patrons will treat the facility, equipment, staff and other patrons with respect. Abusive or inappropriate behavior/language will not be tolerated and will be grounds for suspension or revocation of privileges.
Locker Use Policies
- The 1/3-sized lockers near the main entry to the Press Center are available for day-use only and are free of charge. The locks must be provided by the user and overnight storage is not permitted.
- The 1/2-sized lockers in all Fitness Center locker rooms are available for day-use only and are free of charge. The locks must be provided by user and overnight storage is not permitted.
- The full-sized lockers in the faculty and staff locker rooms can be rented for a yearly fee of $96. (Prorated at $8/month). The lock will be provided by Colorado College.
- Any non-Colorado College locks that are left overnight will be cut off and the locker contents will be removed.
Hours of Operation
Adam F. Press Fitness Center
Block 8, week 4
Monday -- Wednesday: 6:30 a.m.-- 7:00 p.m.
Thursday & Friday: 11:00 a.m. -- 7:00 p.m.
While regular classes are not in session but offices are open (Summer, Half Block, Spring Break and New Student Orientation):
Monday -- Friday: 11:00 a.m. -- 7:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: CLOSED
Ritt Kellogg Climbing Gym
While regular classes are in session
Sun: 6-9 p.m.
Mon-Wed: 4-10 p.m.
Thu: 3-9 p.m.
The entire Fitness Center will be closed during campus holidays when offices are closed. Additionally, it will be closed during the following days for cleaning and equipment maintenance:
- Closed starting the Tuesday immediately following graduation and re-opening the following Monday: May 21 -- May 24, 2013, CLOSED; Monday, May 26, 2013, RE-OPENS.
- Closed starting the Monday immediately preceding New Student Orientation and re-opening on Friday: August 19 -- 23, 2013, CLOSED; Monday, August 26, 2013, RE-OPENS.
Fitness Center Assistant Manager