Despite its relatively small size, Colorado College possesses a remarkable number of athletics facilities to serve the on-campus community. We offer facilities for all levels of athletes, from NCAA Division I to the most (and least) recreational of students.
Adam F. Press Fitness Center
The new Adam F. Press Fitness Center will open at 3:30 p.m. on Monday, March 25
Welcome to the Adam F. Press Fitness Center. Our goal is to provide a safe, healthy, diverse and invigorating workout experience for members of the Colorado College community. The Fitness Center features:
- The 3,500-square-foot Smith Cardio Center with more than 50 piece of cardiovascular equipment, including treadmills, ellipticals, AMTs, stationary bikes, rowing machines, summit trainers and stair climbers.
- A 4,500-square-foot strength training room featuring Olympic lifting racks, dumbbells, 12 pieces of selectorized strength-training equipment, additional cardiovascular equipment, a dedicated TRX training area and spaces for medicine balls, exercise balls and flexibility training.
- The 1,000-square-foot Louis Multipurpose Room, a group exercise studio for yoga and other fitness classes.
- A full-sized (94’ X 50’) recreational gym for open basketball and volleyball, intramurals and varsity sports.
- The 27-foot high Ritt Kellogg Climbing Gym, featuring 3,500 square feet of climbing surface, 24 rope stations, bouldering caves, natural cracks and a chimney/off-width area.
- One squash court and one convertible squash/racquetball court.
- Seven locker rooms, including men’s and women’s faculty/staff locker rooms, men’s and women’s student locker rooms, auxiliary locker rooms and a single-use locker room.
El Pomar Sports Center
El Pomar Sports Center houses all of CC's Athletics Offices, as well as our numerous intercollegiate, intramural, and recreational athletic facilities. Inside El Pomar, you'll find our weight room and aquatic facilities, plus the J. Juan Reid Gymnasium, home court for CC's basketball and volleyball teams. The building is also equipped with an auxiliary gym, a climbing wall, racquetball and squash courts, a training room, and modern exercise-physiology and biomechanics laboratories. A 10,000 square foot all-purpose Astroturf space accommodates indoor track, as well as limited team practice in other sports. Read more about El Pomar Sports Center, view the plans for the addition of a new fitness center, or read an article about the new fitness center in the December 2012 Bulletin.
Weight Training and Cardiovascular Fitness
Need a fully-stocked weight room? You've got it. The Carle Weight Room and Fitness Center, built in 1989 to honor legendary CC football coach Jerry Carle, is housed in the the El Pomar Center and open to students, faculty, and staff.
Want a center devoted to cardiovascular fitness? We've got that, too. The Tiger Pit, located in the Worner Campus Center, is filled with plenty of treadmills, elliptical machines, stationary bikes, free weights, and mats to keep your heart rate pumping.
Enjoy swimming, diving, and water-polo? Great! For both competition and recreation, the Schlessman Natatorium features an eight lane competitive pool and multiple diving boards of various heights.
How about ice hockey? Competitive hockey, recreational hockey, and figure skating are all available at Honnen Ice Arena. Thanks to this on-campus rink, the CC community has a number of programs at their disposal, from skate lessons to hockey pick-up games to league competitions.
The Colorado Springs World Arena, one of the finest college ice hockey venues anywhere in the country, houses CC's Division I men's ice hockey team and seats a total of 7,343 spectators. With the beautiful landscape of Pikes Peak in the background, the magnificent Stewart Field also facilitates a wealth of athletic competition on campus, from Division I women's' soccer to club sports to women's lacrosse.
Varsity Athletics: CCTigers.com