Superintendent of Documents Classification
…is a classification system used for materials printed by the federal government
… groups together publications by the same governmental agency or department
Note – this is a different system than is used for other materials at Tutt Library!
What is it?
- Basic Explanation (Michigan State University)
- Detail Explanation (Government Printing Office)
- The Manual – an extremely detailed explanation! (Government Printing Office)
Or try this:
both a tutorial & explanation (University of Miami)
Do you get it?
- Take a quiz (Michigan State University)
- Shelve some books and find out (Michigan State University)
Need help with citations?
- Uncle Sam’s Citation Examples (University of Memphis)
- Census Bureau Guide to Citing their Internet material