Principles for Managing Library Materials Costs
- Tutt Library’s highest priority is materials and information resources to support the curriculum.
- We will increase reliance on sharing resources with our partners in the Alliance/Prospector and beyond for access to more specialized and less frequently-used materials. This will require a commitment of staff time and resources to development of shared collections across the Alliance. Success will require a commitment to support of interlibrary loan services.
- In managing with reduced funding, we will limit the growth in serials expenditures in order to preserve funding for the purchase of monographs. We will not “raid” the book funds to pay for serials.
- We continue to uphold our commitment to the archival role of the library, both in the collection and preservation of traditional print College archives and the collection and preservation of our “born digital” history.
- We will continue to develop and implement tools for discovery and delivery of information (e.g. online catalog, journal finder).
- We will continue to seek more efficient ways to handle acquisition and processing of all materials. We will use the current economic situation, in concert with our consortial partners, to negotiate more favorable terms from vendors and publishers.
- Circulation: (719) 389-6184
- or email circulation
- Reference: (719) 389-6662
- or email reference
- Interlibrary Loan: (719) 389-6664
- or email ILL
Chat With a Librarian