Circulation Desk: (719) 389-6184
Reference Desk: (719) 389-6662
Mike McEvers, Prospector Coordinator: (719) 389-6148
What is Prospector?
Prospector is a unified catalog of 41 academic, public and special libraries in Colorado and Wyoming. Through Prospector you have access to over 30 million books and other materials held in these libraries, subject to availability.
Prospector may be used to obtain library materials for study and research that are not available at Colorado College but are available from other participating Prospector Libraries.
Where is Prospector?
Prospector loans may be picked up or returned at the Circulation Desk.
Who May Use Prospector?
Prospector services are available to current CC students, faculty, staff and administration. Alumni may not request books through Prospector.
- Books, government documents, theses, music and some videos may be borrowed, depending on the lending library’s policies. Please note: Videos and DVDs may be difficult to acquire, as many libraries will not lend.
- Some materials reproduced in microform, such as newspapers, may be borrowed, depending on the lending library’s policies.
- Items temporarily in use/checked out, missing from Tutt Library, sent temporarily to the bindery, or on order for the library may be requested.
Materials NOT Available
The following types of materials cannot normally be obtained through Prospector:
- Materials for course reserve
- Periodical volumes
- Bulky or fragile items
- Reference books
- Rare or valuable material such as manuscripts
There is no charge for Prospector services.
You will be billed for any item lost or damaged while in your possession. Replacement cost is $100.
Requesting Prospector Materials
All requests must be submitted online by using the “REQUEST THIS ITEM” function in Prospector.
Please contact the Reference Desk at (719) 389-6662 for a quick review of and/or help with submitting a request.
If an item in our TIGER Catalog shows status as in but is not on the shelf, ask a Circulation Supervisor to change the status to “on search.”
Allow at least three to five working days to receive materials. The time taken for Prospector materials to arrive depends upon the availability of the item, and the lending library’s workload and travel time.
When Prospector items arrive, you are notified via e-mail that you may pick them up at the Circulation Desk.
Loan Periods and Renewals
- The loan period is 21 days from time of checkout.
- Loan periods DO NOT follow the CC Block Plan. Please be aware of the due dates.
- One 21 day renewal is permitted. You may renew online through View your Record.
All Prospector items must be returned to the Circulation Desk by the due date. Please leave any book bands attached.
Late return, lost of, or the poor care of materials jeopardizes the ability of our library to borrow items from other libraries for you in the future.
Overdues and Fines
- Library privileges are blocked when an item is three weeks overdue.
- Replacement: $100.
For assistance or questions, please contact:
- Circulation: (719) 389-6184
- or email circulation
- Reference: (719) 389-6662
- or email reference
- Interlibrary Loan: (719) 389-6664
- or email ILL