Multicultural Open House
August 14-15, September 13-15, or November 1-3, 2014
To apply, log into your CC BaseCamp account. If you do not have a CC BaseCamp portal, create one here.
Our distinctive Block Plan, where students take one discussion-based course at a time, propels our students to learn from diverse experiences and perspectives. As a community, we value diversity and inclusion and actively seek to provide our students with the best opportunity to learn from one another.
At Colorado College, 28% of our Class of 2017 identify as American Ethnic Minorities and 11% international (4% dual citizens). This class represents 44 states and 31 countries. Click here to learn more about our Class of 2017.
If you share our values of diversity and inclusion and would like to embark upon this unique intellectual adventure, we invite you to apply for our Multicultural Open House. The program is open to high school Seniors only. In particular we encourage members of American Ethnic Minority groups, students who are the first in their families to attend college and students from low income families to apply.
The program is designed to provide you and your parents an inside look at student life at Colorado College. Over the course of the weekend, you will have a chance to:
- Take a campus tour and visit a class
- Stay overnight on campus with a CC student host
- Participate in an admission interview and financial aid workshop
- Experience a variety of academic, cultural, and extra-curricular events
The best way to get to know the Colorado College community is by visiting our campus. This open house experience provides a travel grant to help you witness the benefits of a liberal arts curriculum taught on the innovative Block Plan. If accepted to the program, Colorado College will pay your transportation expenses (airfare or auto mileage) up to $500. We offer an additional subsidy of up to a total of $500 for your parents' travel expenses and provide complimentary accommodations at a nearby hotel.
For those who wish to drive to campus, parking will be available. View our campus map, directions, and parking information.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online and can be found by logging in or creating a CC Base Camp account (student portal). All supplemental materials must be postmarked by the application deadlines listed below.
|Program Dates||Application Deadlines|
|August 14-15, 2014||July 11, 2014|
|September 13-15, 2014||August 15, 2014|
|November 1-3, 2014||October 10, 2014|
In order to complete an application, go to your CC Basecamp profile (see above link). You will see a purple “Apply for multicultural open house” button. Once you’ve completed your application, please email the following materials to email@example.com with ATTN: Multicultural Open House in the subject line:
- An official transcript, official test scores, and school profile
- A resume highlighting your extracurricular achievements, positions held, honors won (include sports, the arts, community service, student government, religious activities, work experience, etc.)
- Answers to the following short answer questions:
- How have matters of diversity and inclusion affected your educational, social, or intellectual development?
- Explain your interest in Colorado College and how your attendance at this program will be meaningful to you.
To apply*, log into your CC BaseCamp account. If you do not have a CC BaseCamp portal, create one here.
*This program is reserved for high school Seniors.